100 Ways To Live With A Horse Addict!

My mum got me this book for my b'day today..it's quite funny and perhaps intended more for my long suffering other half who currently has to put up with a car that smells and looks like a stable:rolleyes:

"only ever buy presents with the word horse in the title"

"She can never have enough grooming brushes, stirrup leathers, saddle clothers, lead ropes, fleece rugs and other general paraphernalia.. One of each is never enough and neither is one for each horse"

I did laugh at this "To avoid unneccesary disappointment, remember the existence of highly polished boots and a couple of schooling whips in the bedroom does not mean that your luck is in and a wild night is on the cards"

I did laugh at this "To avoid unneccesary disappointment, remember the existence of highly polished boots and a couple of schooling whips in the bedroom does not mean that your luck is in and a wild night is on the cards"

Love it!!

Some of my friends gave me some very funny looks when I pulled out my big schooling whip from the boot of my car!:p

I have that book too! ;)

In the absense of a real pony, PMC (Pony Mad Child) will prance about as if she is one. She will trot instead of run, canter instead of skip and frequently put in the odd neigh, snort, or a spot of headshaking. Don't be alarmed, this is normal behaivour and she will grow out of it -usually around fifty-ish

Oh so true :p

In the absense of a real pony, PMC (Pony Mad Child) will prance about as if she is one. She will trot instead of run, canter instead of skip and frequently put in the odd neigh, snort, or a spot of headshaking. Don't be alarmed, this is normal behaivour and she will grow out of it -usually around fifty-ish

and don't forget the magic showjumps where there's stripes of tarmac across the pavement! My mum positively encouraged me - by the time I was 7 we both had our own imaginary horses, and now my nephews both do too - they all live happily together in the field opposite my house now :D

Boots and whips.... I made the mistake of turning up to band practice in riding gear once, and one of the guys had palpitations. There's no accounting for taste - its not like I'm young or thin :rolleyes: And whenever my car comes into the garage at work the lads take great delight in rummaging for any whips I might have lying around.......

Last edited:
Haha. I want :D

I have that book too! ;)

Thats me written all over:rolleyes:

xxxx

Haha. I want :D

Thats me written all over:rolleyes:

xxxx

OMG! I did that too and when I asked Ma why I never had lessons as a child, she first said there's no yard nearby (***? other than the one a mile away?!?!) then said she didn't want accidents! I told her you bounce much better as a child-I don't bounce now, I just hit the ground and stay there, groaning!:D

I don't bounce now, I just hit the ground and stay there, groaning!:D

Lol! I know it's not funny when it happens but i already do that and i'm 16! Or i have a giggly fit.

I used to do the cantering/jumping/neighing thing, too (i still do a pretty good horse impression and if my mates get a bit bladdered, they pay me to perform teehee :D) As kids we used to go to the park, take our whips and balance them against the poles on the climbing frame to make 'showjumps', then there was a wooden bench (only about knee height now :p) that we'd 'jump' if we wanted to do 'cross country' - and we usd to pretend the hanging baskets outside my friends house were hay mangers :D, we'd go 'hacking' around the fields and we all came up with our own imaginary pony - i can't remember what i came up with, but my friend's was a chestnut with a balze called Fred (please, bear in mind i was about six :D!) Oh, memories - i'm expecting the exact same from my kids one day :D

newrider.com