Your weather

Up the road they have snow, we have had heavy rain and now it's windy.
It's the 1st of March, is Spring meant to start in three weeks.

• Sad
Reactions: Huggy
It's horrible - so sick of trying to catch the few minutes of dry weather we get - if we get it at all :mad:

Well you definitely deserve a lie in. Its so unusual for you to still be in bed. Your normally up at the crack of dawn or stupid o'clock.

Reactions: Jessey
Woke up to the white stuff. Ive decided to wait a while whilst it thaws rapidly before venturing to the animals. Its the very wet stuff and will be slick, so to drive on it will be dangerous and ive got to take the hay out this morning.

• Wow
We've actually got some respite of a dry day with sun.
I am hoping to get her out to stretch her legs.

I am in a t shirt though I think that's just because I have shifted some of the crap out of the field and the sun came out.

I have saved a tree/bush by clearing brambles and removing goodness knows what of rubbish that buried it.
It's alive looking at the little shoots that have appeared since I put the ditch in.
Few other little green things sprouted (not grass is about as far as my brain cells go 😂)

collage-1709738281549.jpg

Lovely and sunny here today but 30mph wind, which neither of us mind but the forest has taken a battering this winter and there’s loads of trees part way down
IMG_8729.jpeg
IMG_8732.jpeg
and branches that have broken but got hung up high in the trees, so the risk of things coming down is greatly increased. I can road ride but Friday afternoon at school time leading into work knock off time means roads will be extra busy. So here I sit, pondering which is rather risk, if either 😣

• Sad
Before it rains I managed to get a photo of our gateway.
It's almost dry, I have just squeezed the excess out from some of the hill (you WILL dry up like the rest of it! )

Proof before it gets wet again.
_20240321_150554.JPG

The track down to Hogan's b8g field is a bit better, but it will only take a sharp shower to set it back.

The slope to this is being a bit stubborn, but it's so much better. I think we are due some showers over the weekend.

Non horsey post. Weather today was beautifu and sunny. OH and I took daughter's dog for a long walk in the Park. We were asked to help as no one else was home.

Dog kindly stayed close to us. It may be she remembers running away from us last time we walked her when she was very young. That day, she went to the car park and we were in big trouble as that is the way out to roads and danger from moving cars. But I now see it from her point of view. She was probably lost and thought she was on her own, so went to look for the car. She stayed close to us today and was off the lead the whole way.

I am climbing up and down the little bank so as to avoid the deep mud pate. It's also fully fenced off so I don't keep misjudging it.

As they say lovely jubbly 😁
_20240323_163809.JPG

We are drying steadily.

I towed the sheep hay feeder over the field to leave it against the fence out the way for hay making this morning. I wouldnt have stood a chance of doing it last weekend. I would have been bogged in.
Mind going to fetch the ewe yesterday with my sheep trailer on i had to drive across the part where the natural stream flows underground. I didnt realise till i got out to load the ewe that i had towed it through a very very very soft spot so much so the trailer was covered completely in liquid mud. Wellied and just kept going coming back up the field with the cargo loaded. If id have stopped i would have needed towing out.

We went up to London, It was freezing even in the West End, with harsh wind and rain. And they closed Oxford Circus station as too many people were trying to get home.

newrider.com