YIPPEE! Found tall boots "THAT FIT"!!!! off the rack!!

horseandgoatmom

Dec 3, 2014
Rhode Island,New england
We went to Smart Pak store yesteday to get some Tri-Amino and they have a closeout section upstairs.
I have gotten some good buys on things up there.
I have always had problems with boots - all my life I have had big calves :(:mad::mad::mad::mad:.and I am short
so to get bigger calf size lol you need really big feet and LONG legs:(
They had fuller fillies tall boots in SHORT!!! AND WIDE in my size and they fit great!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D
I got the 2 pairs they had!!!;);););) and at 25% off YIPPEE!!!!!~:D:D:D:D:D:D

They also had a Myler 3 ring combo BIT In a little bit different mouth piece than I have at a really great price and
50% off!!!
I got that too:rolleyes:.

I am so thrilled about the boots though.!!!:D:D:D:D

I remember getting ridiculously excited at Derby House once. They actually had ONE pair and one only of Mountain Horse tall boots in a size four short and wide. In brown. OMG. And they had a bit of money off too. I think the sales assistant must have thought I was bonkers as I squealed with delight and hugged them all the way round the rest of the shop. They will be with me for life:D

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I think the sales assistant must have thought I was bonkers as I squealed with delight and hugged them all the way round the rest of the shop

I love it!!

They thought I was totally nuts in Rothenburg Germany years ago.
I found an awesome Military Saddle at a shop and the price was amazing.
I immediately bought it and they said leave it here and pick it up later.
It was a total diamond in the rough and I was worried they would figure out how awesome it was and
change their mind on the price or selling it. I carried that thing all around that day!! AND IT WAS QUITE HEAVY
I am sure I had a big smile on my face all day though!!
Rothenburg was a totally awesome place they had an amazing parade on Penticost monday with all sorts of groups of people
on
Horses - Groups of peasants on foot etc etc and - LOVELY LOVELY TACK!!
They carried sticks over shoulder with all sorts of fowl on them- turned out to be real dead birds
At the end of the parade they made stews with all the birds etc and you could go from group to group and have some
stew..

Reactions: Trewsers
I love it!!

They thought I was totally nuts in Rothenburg Germany years ago.
I found an awesome Military Saddle at a shop and the price was amazing.
I immediately bought it and they said leave it here and pick it up later.
It was a total diamond in the rough and I was worried they would figure out how awesome it was and
change their mind on the price or selling it. I carried that thing all around that day!! AND IT WAS QUITE HEAVY
I am sure I had a big smile on my face all day though!!
Rothenburg was a totally awesome place they had an amazing parade on Penticost monday with all sorts of groups of people
on
Horses - Groups of peasants on foot etc etc and - LOVELY LOVELY TACK!!
They carried sticks over shoulder with all sorts of fowl on them- turned out to be real dead birds
At the end of the parade they made stews with all the birds etc and you could go from group to group and have some
stew..

That sounds like an interesting experience. I've only been to Germany once - Dusseldorf. Spent most of it eating.....

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Sounds like a good bargain :D I went to a huge tack shop in Germany and they had pretty much everything you could think of, english, western, driving, vaulting and a coffee shop. It was like a slightly bigger Robinsons. I was in heaven, spent a few hours there.

We were there for 2 years I got to Rothenburg 5:D times!!
I do remember going to some big tack shop too but can't remember where it was.
But lol I do remember buying a genuine arab type halter with shells etc on it:rolleyes:. and a black rolled double bridle.:D
I also got a nice jumping/eventing saddle at a tack shop that seemed way out in the country up a really big hill.
It was a Kiefer not sold in the USA so it was kind of unique. My best friend fell in love with it and I ended up selling it to her.

I do remember going to some really big tack shop too but cant remember where but do remember buying a hand made arab
halter with shells etc on it and a really nice black rolled leather double bridle.
Harrods had a decent tack dept when I got to London it was 76 or "77 and that was an amazing store!
They seemed to have all the up and coming things. And had a portable dvd player or something on the counter and had STAR WARS
playing on it:D. NO one then had really seen anything like that back then .:eek:
Star wars did not even get to the base theater:( but Close encounters of the third kind did.:D
That little theater was always packed lol
It'd so funny how some things can stick in your mind from years ago lol

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com