Wow, the Supermoon!

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
I just went over to give my boys some hay. There is a new horse in the field where my hay is being stored at present and the Supermoon is so bright tonight that without my head torch I could see he was a bright chestnut with a star and a big kind eye wearing a navy and blue rug. I could see the colours of my clothes and the hay!

That's a BIG BRIGHT MOON!

I just went over to give my boys some hay. There is a new horse in the field where my hay is being stored at present and the Supermoon is so bright tonight that without my head torch I could see he was a bright chestnut with a star and a big kind eye wearing a navy and blue rug. I could see the colours of my clothes and the hay!

That's a BIG BRIGHT MOON!
Lucky girl, we are under thick cloud tonight so sadly can't see it.

I was hoping for a moonlight ride under it but the cloud never broke last night and I've just been out and its like we're at the opposite end of the moon phase, its very dark out there, perhaps I'll have better luck tomorrow.

I'm just about ready to go out onto the yard and see the girls, hopefully it will be visible here clearly, but it has been raining and a bit rubbishy so might not be a very good view.

Its supposed to be closest in a long time - they are talking flooding on the coast here with it pulling very very high tides.
Its behind the trees here still but looks like it is going to be
nice and big and bright
hopefully it will come up more soon for a photo

We got a brief glimpse, but by this morning it had totally clouded over again and its meant to stay that way all through tonight too :(

newrider.com