Wow saddle and hello!

Thanks for comments.....so is my daughter just being awkward when she says it is the most uncomfortable saddle she has ever ridden in? I am gutted as spent a lot on it then getting it fitted and still she moans..

Like Marmite - some folk hate them other loves them.

I love them, both of my ridden mares have them.

The choice of seat/panels does affect rider comfort. My younger mare's saddle was originally bought for my niece who is 5" shorter than me. When she gave up completely (due to allergy issues) I switched to longer flaps with different knee rolls and I find it even comfier than before.

I have an extra-deep seat on my other WOW saddle which I prefer, once the coffers are replenished I will switch the seat on hers as well.

I love mine. Usually comfortable but if I have been really working then I can feel my seatbones

I had one and didn't get on with it at all (I agree with the marmite statement!). However, I did actually find the saddle very comfortable - when I tried it out for the first time, I mentioned to the fitter that it was pinching the inside of my thighs and was very uncomfortable. She explained that people with slimmer legs often have this problem and that they can just pad out the skirt of the saddle to resolve it. This was done, and I had no further problems re comfort - could it be something similar for your daughter?

Thanks for that, she is now using the Heather Moffat seat saver and says it is much better. I don't think it was pinching her thighs as it already has extra padded skirts. It is the extra deep seat with extra long flaps.
She says it feels sort of bunched up under her bottom and when she jumped yesterday she said she feels like it tips her forward out of the saddle.
I've been watching the video I did and I can sort of see what she means.
I am wondering if it is too padded but then adding extra padding would surely make that worse?
Anyhow, she has agreed to persevere for a month then we will make a decision. Annoying thing is the horse seems to be going beautifully in it!

DSCF1146.jpg

Loooooooooooooove them!

All the horses I know definatley go better in them: much freer moving. Just remember that after a month or so working in a WOW they need refitting as the horse changes shape so much!

Worth talking to your saddle fitter, especially if she feels pitched forward. They can fiddle with so much to get it perfect and comfy. But like some people say: the saddle doesn't suit everyone.

newrider.com