Wide pressure relief girth?

No_Angel

Apr 20, 2003
Ireland
I'm thinking of changing Kiki's girth (currently has a christ lammfelle straight girth) to a pressure relief/shaped/curved girth.

Does anyone know of any good shaped girths with a ring in the middle and no too much excess material past the girth buckles?

We are using a wow girth which seems nice and is doing the job - 24". Karin is making pig one of his own as the wow is horse shaped not mini shaped!!!! :wub:

Barefoot do a lovely padded wide girth with elastic overlay. Its shaped with the d ring in the middle. I don't think I have ever had such a lovely girth. Sadly as I have now gone back to treed, I have a shaped padded Elevator girth, but nowhere near as nice as the barefoot.

I've got 2 Reactorpanel girths already, one with sheepskin and one without, but sadly my budget won't stretch that far this time, I have been looking second hand (managed to get the other 2 secondhand) but no luck yet.

I have looked at the Barefoot girths, they look good but I don't know how wide they are in the centre, they look like they might be deceiving and be quite narrow really.

Forgot to add i do have an air filled girth that is fabric not leather. No centre ring, but the company may do one with. It begins with a K, sorry will have to check.

The cob doesn't like my C girth, tries to bite it, so will use this other one instead. She is changing shape i suspect again.

I'm leaning towards the new Christ Lammfelle contoured girth now, although the elastic end puts me off slightly, I'd prefer both sides elasticated or non at all.

I've measured it against my Ractorpanel with sheepskin girth, and it measures the same across the centre and slightly narrower than the Reactorpanel behind the elbows, so it's a nice wide girth and seems like it has less by the buckles so shouldn't bunch up like her current one does.

Anyone tried it?

Personally I would never go for one side elastic only - but thats just me.

The Barefoot is EXTREMELY wide in the middle, but I fear that the ends where the straps are for the girth to go through are a bit too long. My friend with her roly poly had a bit of an issue with them, and they did bend a bit even on my horse.

Apart from that, I have to say it is the nicest girth I have seen. I ordered the Dream Team and friend ordered the Barefoot at the same time. The minute I clapped eyes on the Barefoot, the Dreamteam went back!

I will try to remember to measure friends for you tonight when I get to the yard.

newrider.com