Who has sold used computer gear on ebay?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I sold a netbook and unfortunately the buyer isn't happy saying it's faulty:frown: it was fine when I parcelled it up and she's saying she wants her money back. I have asked her to return it to me, and that I will look it over and give her a refund if it's not working. Bit cheesed off tho - it cost me £8 to post it to her originally and I hadn't anywhere near that costed into it in the first place.
That will teach me to sell second hand leccy stuff!!!! I have 100 per cent positive feedback so daren't put a foot wrong and don't want to spoil it. Just a rant sorry. If it is faulty then it's not her fault, but can't understand why it shouldsuddenly not work????
:unsure:

Not computer but one of those alarms that slowly brings on the light, first buyer compalined it didn't work at all and seemed surprised when we said return it. Nothing wrong but buyer tried to raise a dispute that money should be returned on her say so not when we got goods back!

I always suspect people who complain to just have refund and moan about returning first!!

Hmm. I think she will return it, but just worried about the state it will be in when I get it as I packed it so carefully - with it being delicate !!! Just quite puzzled as she says she wouldn't be able to sell it on. I can't believe it's so seriously jiiggered that it doesn't work! Ah well, we shall see.

unless it was damaged by the courier. or she is incompetent.

she has to pay the cost of returning it and provide tracking and then she gets a refund in full including the original carriage so you will be out of pocket either way.

Yes I suspected as much! I am probably judging harshly, but I did wonder if she simply didn't like the item - it's taken her a while to get in touch and I did wonder if it just wasn't quite what she thought? I may be judging badly, but she was also a bit demanding about posting it etc.

Yes I suspected as much! I am probably judging harshly, but I did wonder if she simply didn't like the item - it's taken her a while to get in touch and I did wonder if it just wasn't quite what she thought? I may be judging badly, but she was also a bit demanding about posting it etc.

If it wasn't working to start with, i'd be asking her why it's taken her so long to complain? If i'd have received an item that was damaged/broke, i'd have sent an email the same day as it arrived. How long between you sending it and her complaining about it?
It's quite possible she's broke it herself, pulling a fast one, or something really did happen in the post, and she's just left it rather long to report back to you.

I sold a netbook and unfortunately the buyer isn't happy saying it's faulty:frown: it was fine when I parcelled it up and she's saying she wants her money back. I have asked her to return it to me, and that I will look it over and give her a refund if it's not working. Bit cheesed off tho - it cost me £8 to post it to her originally and I hadn't anywhere near that costed into it in the first place.
That will teach me to sell second hand leccy stuff!!!! I have 100 per cent positive feedback so daren't put a foot wrong and don't want to spoil it. Just a rant sorry. If it is faulty then it's not her fault, but can't understand why it shouldsuddenly not work????
:unsure:

Have you tried helping her t get it working? I think you would be fair to deduct postage charges from the refund, but maybe you'd get better advice on the eBay forum.

I am going to wait for her to return it and then just refund her - it really isn't worth losing my 100 per cent feedback that I've worked hard to get. It was £23 plus the postage so I will just pin it down to experience me thinks. I think reading between the lines she just doesn't want the item - but I can't be bothered with the hassle of it.

I have had the same in reverse - I bought a stable rug described as 'Used a handful of times before sale of my horse' arrived covered in hair, front straps frayed, surcingles very worn, looked as if it had been used quite a bit.

So it is going back as if it had been £10 it would have been ok but not what I paid for it. i.e. cost me around £30 in total, and I bought a brand new heavyweight full neck derby house one which is incomparable to this one, for £35......

I have had the same in reverse - I bought a stable rug described as 'Used a handful of times before sale of my horse' arrived covered in hair, front straps frayed, surcingles very worn, looked as if it had been used quite a bit.

So it is going back as if it had been £10 it would have been ok but not what I paid for it. i.e. cost me around £30 in total, and I bought a brand new heavyweight full neck derby house one which is incomparable to this one, for £35......

That's not on - you wouldn't mind if it had been super cheap and they'd said it was pretty worn!

Unfortunatley there are alot of problems with sales like these, same for used car parts! If possible security code all your parts with UV pen and a visable deterrant if possible and state this on your listings. It keeps some of the scoundrels away. You will probably get their broken part sent back to you!

newrider.com