Where do I stand. Vets ongoing still. Concluded.

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Rang them again today, they are billing me again for the bute I have not yet received.

On the phone they said they posted Friday, so that's a full 1 week and 2 days after ale had all his injections. In my opinion that is too long to wait and to then try and charge me £10 for special delivery.

As yet I have not received the drugs. They were sent special delivery by royal mail to the yard and should be arriving there today apparently. No one has seen them though and I've never once seen a postman come to our yard before so I'm doubtful I will!

Can I refuse to pay on the basis they have not sent them on time if they show up at all that is. Vet can collect them when he is next in the area surely?

If you no longer need them and they are so late, personally I would not pay for them, and have them collected by the vet on their next visit.

If it isn't normal for the postie to visit your yard I'd not be surprised if they weren't wending their way back to your vets surgery, assuming they put a return address on the package.

I wouldn't pay at all. There were one week late sending them, and you haven't received them. You no longer need them, so why should you pay?

Nope I would not pay either. No point sending meds out too late. Don;t take delivery, let them get sent back to the vet on the basis that by the time they were sent out they were no longer required.

if they have seent them special delivery that is guaranteed next day delivery. Ask them for the tracking number

Reactions: carthorse
I wouldn't pay for drugs I hadn't received. I go to my bets to pick up prescriptions even though my vets are miles from my house and Kias yard, wouldn't trust the postal service. Especially not for drugs..........

if they have seent them special delivery that is guaranteed next day delivery. Ask them for the tracking number

I asked them for this and a proof of signature /name of they had been delivered. She said she couldn't provide either and I would have to ring back tomorrow as I would definitely receive them today. No sign of them!! Think they are just fobbing me off

Reactions: Gimp
So will ring back tomorrow. When I rang the other day I was told they had tried to deliver and been sent back to the surgery. I asked why the delivery had not been successful and she had no answer. So I figure that was a lie.

That is a very shocking service, I would be livid, I would insist it was resent to my home address and tracking number supplied. They will have to claim themselves for the other supposed delivery.

Reactions: Trewsers
That is a very shocking service, I would be livid, I would insist it was resent to my home address and tracking number supplied. They will have to claim themselves for the other supposed delivery.

I would if I actually wanted the bute, but no longer have a need for it. I'm tempted to tell them where to put it after their terrible treatment of my boy but maybe I've just had a bad few weeks!

So they tried to deliver. Failed. And parcel is being sent back to the surgery? So tell them not to resend. Then ask to speak to the practice manager or whoever is in charge about your service complaint because that is just shocking!

Reactions: Trewsers and MrA
Well they tried to deliver the bute to my yard owners house on either Thurs/Friday but she wasn't there so they have ended up at post office. Told them I didn't want them so they are going to rearrange delivery back to them. Charged me £11.45 for postage though and told me I couldn't refuse to pay because they had proof of attempted postage. So I've just wasted almost £12 on nothing haha

You agreed to postage at the time you needed it though, not a week later, I would say if they had posted it when you needed it there would have been someone available to accept delivery so therefore it is their fault and they should pay the wasted postage!

newrider.com