What is the purpose of this flash?

????? I am pretty clueless but I can't see any point at all. It says it "aids with braking" but I can't see how, when the reins and flash seem totally unconnected. In fact the flash seems totally unconnected to anything.

I don't have a noseband so can't really help.

But on a bitless it might keep things central? Mine doesn't like these cross under types and just completely ignores me.

@Bodshi that's exactly my feeling. I cant see that the flash is connected to anything or serving any purpose that a flash normally would ie keeping the mouth closed so the bit can't be evaded that way or holding the bit stiller.

@newforest I don't see how it can hold things central? In fact I'd think there was a chance that the flash would shift about and make it less stable. Certainly I've never seen one on any other cross under type bridles.

What I can say it's very over priced for a Rhinegold. Trade is likely only £20. It's not going to be English leather.

If you need more breaks get a Dr Cook

I cant see that the flash is connected to anything or serving any purpose that a flash normally would ie keeping the mouth closed so the bit can't be evaded that way or holding the bit stiller
I'd agree, it's probably just so the people who want a flash for fashion can have one with bitless.

If you need more breaks get a Dr Cook
That is the same function as a dr cook isn't it, where the straps connect at the poll and cross under the jaw?

For looks maybe, email the company and ask, id be interested to see the respone

Since I've got no interest in buying the bridle I don't think it's fair to contact the company asking them to explain.

Reactions: Cortrasna
its purpose is that it is 'pwwwwitty'! I have sold lots of new grackle bridles lately coming up to Christmas...because they look so nice - apparently !:rolleyes: Can you believe that? :mad:

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com