Weekend thread

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
It's a bit quiet on here. What's everyone up to this weekend?

Tomorrow I head to Betws Y Coed, Wales :D Saturday I'm attempting the 3 peaks challenge and then we are back sometime Sunday.

I've then got 3 days off work to make some final decisions about college and start making an effort with my disastrous love life :oops:

My friend used to love Betwys Y coed! Enjoy! I'm enjoying a long weekend off work with Mr Trews. Unfortunately today has been gale force winds here so we've not done much outdoors stuff as I had hoped. Had a walk down to the harbour front after shopping tho which was nice. I think it's set to calm down so hopefully plenty of Zi riding and old mare time too:DWe also will be painting the garage weatherboarding at some point, and we have lots of gardening to do.

Reactions: MrA
Love North Wales. My dad loved in Blaenau Ffestioniog for a few years ago I know the area quite well. Good luck Ale, looks like you'll have good weather for it.

I'm not doing much. Skint until payday on Monday.

Reactions: MrA
My friend used to love Betwys Y coed! Enjoy! I'm enjoying a long weekend off work with Mr Trews. Unfortunately today has been gale force winds here so we've not done much outdoors stuff as I had hoped. Had a walk down to the harbour front after shopping tho which was nice. I think it's set to calm down so hopefully plenty of Zi riding and old mare time too:DWe also will be painting the garage weatherboarding at some point, and we have lots of gardening to do.
Hope the wind does calm down so you get to spend more time with the girls and Zi. It's been blowy here today but nothing compared to there I'm sure!

Reactions: Trewsers
Love North Wales. My dad loved in Blaenau Ffestioniog for a few years ago I know the area quite well. Good luck Ale, looks like you'll have good weather for it.

I'm not doing much. Skint until payday on Monday.
I've definitely been on the Ffestiniog railway (sorry about the spelling!) a few times when I was younger, can't wait to head back to Wales haven't been in years but I love it!

Saturday I'm having a day at my field and taking Rhan for a walk and do some clicker training with Torin. Sat night my friend is coming and we are having a film and nachos girly night and on the Sunday taking Rhan and her horse for a walk out together with a picnic :)

Between that just relaxing and walking the dogs and keeping Tigger entertained :p

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend

Reactions: Trewsers
Fit in a couple of hacks at some point.
Hay fields have been cut today so will no doubt be getting hay in either Sunday or Monday. It's not the thickest crop (maybe 600 bales if we're lucky) but hopefully it will be some nice stuff.
Foot trimming some of the sheep before i move them to new pasture.
Maybe rounding up cattle from the hill so we can wean the calves.
Tidying up, strimming more thistles and nettles in the field.
Mowing the lawns.
And what ever else.

Are you going to Somerford @KP nut? I'm desperate to go there but no funds this year, sadly. Hoping to do day trip later in the year when the horseflies have died off.

No I'm going somewhere new in Shropshire. Never heard of it but looks good. Siddle Equestrian or something.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I am going to camp at Somerford NEXT weekend!! Very greedy. I'm a camp hussy!! But that one is an annual one. This one is my birthday pressie from my dad.

I’m going to be riding my boy and spending some time with friends :)

Planning some outings now that the school year is winding down :) My friend with Logan now has new transport with her 3.5t lorry so hoping to get her and Logan out to some different hacking places and some beach rides on the go :) feels good to see her enjoying him now :D My job is complete :D

I'll be trying to fit in a ride tonight, then off to my cousins wedding tomorrow and on Sunday its one of my group rides, but for a change I am not leading it, we are going to a new (met through the group) friends house and she is taking us out and its in a bit of forest I don't ride too much so I'm really looking forward to that :D

No riding for me.

Its the Riding Clubs Open Show and it is massive bigger and better then ever this year. 411 Pre-entries. I am the organiser and chair person so it has been ridiculously difficult this year as committee member numbers are down and getting the required number of help to run a show this big takes a lot of volunteers and a lot of work.

There are 7 rings, 1 jumping, 1 working hunter, 2 childrens and 3 showing rings.

I have been fending off issues and last minutes problems all week. traveling all over the area collecting and arranging. Tonight I have to collect 40 chairs and 6 tables in my trailer to get to the show ground ready for the set up team (which includes me tomorrow), Tomorrow is set up and start working on the catering for the VIP tent and helpers. Then Sunday up at 6 for the main event will probable get home about 8 sunday night. Monday I start a 12 day working week 12 hour shifts every day as duty SNCO.

Oh yes not to mention this is as well as working 0730-1700 looking after the ponies and trying to ride Ginger and walking my dog.

No riding for me.

Its the Riding Clubs Open Show and it is massive bigger and better then ever this year. 411 Pre-entries. I am the organiser and chair person so it has been ridiculously difficult this year as committee member numbers are down and getting the required number of help to run a show this big takes a lot of volunteers and a lot of work.

There are 7 rings, 1 jumping, 1 working hunter, 2 childrens and 3 showing rings.

I have been fending off issues and last minutes problems all week. traveling all over the area collecting and arranging. Tonight I have to collect 40 chairs and 6 tables in my trailer to get to the show ground ready for the set up team (which includes me tomorrow), Tomorrow is set up and start working on the catering for the VIP tent and helpers. Then Sunday up at 6 for the main event will probable get home about 8 sunday night. Monday I start a 12 day working week 12 hour shifts every day as duty SNCO.

Oh yes not to mention this is as well as working 0730-1700 looking after the ponies and trying to ride Ginger and walking my dog.
Phew, I'm exhausted just reading that! Good luck :)

Reactions: lauren123
Hopefully ride Marley, poo pick the fields. Then tidy up my tack room, feed bins etc, clean my tack(its really long overdue:oops:) I am going on holiday in about 3 weeks time for 10 days so want to get it all sorted to make things easier for the lovely girl who is going to look after them...I have never left my boys before so am a bit apprehensive, I have a great girl whom I trust 100% and she is going to look after Marley and Rummy, the sheep and the yard cats, she is going to do them twice a day :) I still wont be able to help worrying though and I know I will miss them terribly but I haven't been on a holiday in about 7 years now!!
I am also hoping this weekend to spend a bit of time with my first grandchild who is now almost 3 weeks old and he is a wee dote :D

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
Hopefully ride Marley, poo pick the fields. Then tidy up my tack room, feed bins etc, clean my tack(its really long overdue:oops:) I am going on holiday in about 3 weeks time for 10 days so want to get it all sorted to make things easier for the lovely girl who is going to look after them...I have never left my boys before so am a bit apprehensive, I have a great girl whom I trust 100% and she is going to look after Marley and Rummy, the sheep and the yard cats, she is going to do them twice a day :) I still wont be able to help worrying though and I know I will miss them terribly but I haven't been on a holiday in about 7 years now!!
I am also hoping this weekend to spend a bit of time with my first grandchild who is now almost 3 weeks old and he is a wee dote :D

Aw congrats on the grandbaby:D(lol still think you are too young:p:Dto be granny!!!). Sounds like you are long over due a hol too! Grand to know they will be in good hands. I am exactly the same and "dread" any trips south:oops:but like you, am lucky because I have a lovely person who I trust to take care of them all:D

Reactions: joellie
Fit in a couple of hacks at some point.
Hay fields have been cut today so will no doubt be getting hay in either Sunday or Monday. It's not the thickest crop (maybe 600 bales if we're lucky) but hopefully it will be some nice stuff.
Foot trimming some of the sheep before i move them to new pasture.
Maybe rounding up cattle from the hill so we can wean the calves.
Tidying up, strimming more thistles and nettles in the field.
Mowing the lawns.
And what ever else.

Wow 600 bales!!!!! Now there was me getting over excited the other day - lol been able to persuade a local farmer to bale one of our patches we aren't using atm. He reckons we'll get fifty bales:Dhehehee, it will be nice to have them though!

Reactions: Jessey
We seemed to be back in mid-winter again, weather-wise.
Having spent last long weekend at the Icelandic Horse Society of Great Britain's British Championships and Summer Festival, I am feeling a bit like a rest from the equine world.

Obviously, we check everyone daily but with a combination of shitey weather and over-horseyness, I don't want to really to ride.

And my back is giving me grief.

So, TENS machine on full revs, probably turning the central heating on and hope the world will leave me alone.

Plus I need to put the stallion out with his mares once his shoes are off.

It's never boring here. I wish it was.

newrider.com