Warning: RANT!!! *Spitting Feathers*

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
GRRRR.... car broke on Wednesday and needs a new master cylinder for the clutch. Ordered one off ebay Wednesday evening that uses a 24-hour courier service. Great. Got a text this morning from them to tell me part would be delivered between 11 and 12. Dom is always around outside so his ears were pricked. I went off to do my housekeepering at 9. Finished at 12. No parcel. Checked tracking page and they updated the status at 9.34......delivery is now delayed until Monday!!!! :mad:

No food in house, town is 3 miles away.

Horses are 10 miles away.

No spare money this month for cabs.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hmm.... well.... calming down a bit. Borrowed employers Mini to drive to Aldi and do a big shop. Dom is going to dig out his pushbike and cycle to the yard. Norm is coming Sunday morning so one of us has to be there to get Jack sorted. Jack and Albi are happily living out in their herd and the yard knows my predicament so peeps are kindly keeping an eye on them for us. The company that supplied the part are so apologetic and are trying to find out what the hell has happened with the courier company.

I hate her Mini.... it's the 4x4 one and the suspension is rock hard. You get jarred every bump you go over. The fact that she is putting it up for sale in a couple of weeks did nothing for my stress levels of not damaging it whilst it was borrowed. (Yes, I'm insured, but still.....)

Reactions: Gimp
It wouldn't be Hermes by any chance would it? Dear God that courier company has had my blood pressure sky high before now. When I buy of ebay and the seller states by courier, I check if it is Hermes, if it is I just don't bid, no matter how tempting!:(

I hate her Mini.... it's the 4x4 one and the suspension is rock hard. You get jarred every bump you go over. The fact that she is putting it up for sale in a couple of weeks did nothing for my stress levels of not damaging it whilst it was borrowed. (Yes, I'm insured, but still.....)

Ah right - they will be a bit of a hard ride then. I've had two mini coopers - last one was the cooper s convertible, I loved it but the crumby road down to the house didn't!:eek:

Another day, another dollar.... this morning's text told me to expect our delivery between 4 and 5. Nice as Dom had booked a half day to do the work and then we were going to go riding. That's all gone end up then, we'll be lucky to get it fitted and tested before it gets dark, let alone visit the boys.... let's just hope the courier doesn't go "Can't find the place, I'm going home....." :eek:

Another day, another dollar.... this morning's text told me to expect our delivery between 4 and 5. Nice as Dom had booked a half day to do the work and then we were going to go riding. That's all gone end up then, we'll be lucky to get it fitted and tested before it gets dark, let alone visit the boys.... let's just hope the courier doesn't go "Can't find the place, I'm going home....." :eek:

How frustrating! We get couriers that give up and go home too, despite me always supplying our phone number!!

No change on the tracking status, so still on schedule for between 4 and 5. Getting a bit twitchy, (but that could be horse-hair, see my other post!)

Nope. The company I bought the part from have been exemplary. She phoned me at 6.45 to say that the courier had updated the tracking number to say that tried phoning my number and didn't get an answer. My phone has been with me all day and I have had no calls, or missed ones. She was going to go back to them to advise that she'd rung me and I'd answered.... she thinks they are lying and couldn't be bothered to try to find us. In the meantime, she has promised to despatch another one to us tomorrow using a different courier company and took specific direction instructions which she will plaster on the packaging as well as my phone number again. So the original part *may* turn up tomorrow or we're looking at Wednesday.... which will be a full week with no car and only yesterday's visit to the boys *sob* I'm actually beyond crying, which is weird for me as I usually leak eyes at the drop of a hat. It won't achieve anything.

And then of course, we don't know whether this part will actually fix the car either......

Oh how annoying! Such a shame you can't get to see your boys too. Anyway looking on the upside think how nice it will be when you get mobile again and you can see them plenty.
Just hope as you say the part fixes things!!!!!

Well I woke up with the right miseries and it was grey and foggy here too.... I messaged lovely YM to apologise again profusely. She knows our financial situation and the fact that something like this should never happen again. I finished the message with "I feel such an irresponsible owner, whatever must you think of us..." and she replied "Gosh, I don't worry about you guys looking after your neddies... it's some of the others I worry about! Don't worry, I'll check them later...." so I feel comforted by that now. I've given downstairs a thorough vacuuming and tidied the kitchen and now the sun has come out, so I'm feeling a bit more positive. I'm off shortly to ride Joe-pony... the one that I CAN cuddle......

Well I woke up with the right miseries and it was grey and foggy here too.... I messaged lovely YM to apologise again profusely. She knows our financial situation and the fact that something like this should never happen again. I finished the message with "I feel such an irresponsible owner, whatever must you think of us..." and she replied "Gosh, I don't worry about you guys looking after your neddies... it's some of the others I worry about! Don't worry, I'll check them later...." so I feel comforted by that now. I've given downstairs a thorough vacuuming and tidied the kitchen and now the sun has come out, so I'm feeling a bit more positive. I'm off shortly to ride Joe-pony... the one that I CAN cuddle......

Your YO sounds great. I am sure she knows the difference between genuine people and folk who just make excuses! Have a lovely ride on Joe pony too.

newrider.com