Waiting on vet :(

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Ales had some sort of allergic reaction by the looks of things. His mouth is really swollen he's got hives and is incredibly itchy.

Hope vet doesn't take too long to get here :(

Oh no poor Ale, but I am sure the vet will soon sort it out. Just hope you can find out what has cause the reaction though in the first place?

Reactions: MrA
Thank-you everyone. He had a severe allergic reaction :( vet reckon so stop likely a hornet sting

Luckily heart, temp and gut sounds were all fine.

He gave him some steroids and by the time we left he was looking a little more comfortable and I think the mouth swelling had reduced a little.

Just on the way back now armed with torches as its been a couple of hours since the injection so hopefully swelling has reduced a little more.

Hopefully the swelling has gone down a good bit when you check on him. He was a good boy to listen to you going across the road :)

Phew thank goodness you got to him in time! Poor poor Ale. He'll be feeling much better already with the steroids :) (happened to me once years ago)

Oof that sounds nasty. Hornets are horrible things and if you're stung as a human you're supposed to get medical attention quickly so it must be bad - poor thing!! Sending nice calm healing vibes your way xxxx

Pleased to say he looks much happier now and his mouth was back to normal size. Still had some hives all over him but they had all reduced in size too. He certainly tucked into his hay much more easily than earlier. What a relief :)

I took a few pics whilst waiting for the vet to compare. Looked alot worse in real life. Last one shows the size of the hives :( had them all up his neck, belly, flanks and dotted over his legs. received_10158466402625156.jpeg received_10158466402660156.jpeg received_10158466402975156.jpeg received_10158466403605156.jpeg

Pleased to say he looks completely back to normal this morning! It's like he has dropped a couple of dress sizes now the swelling has all gone down! Had a good look at the 2 trees in his field this morning but can't see any sign of any sort of nest. Just hope it doesn't happen again

newrider.com