Waiting is the worst

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I met with the owner of the field I hope to rent last night, all golden, he's happy with what I offered to pay etc. and he closes with 'it's a deal as long as my brother agrees.....I'll let you know'

So here I am waiting to hear, I'm itching to know as am off sat-tues and could get lots done and potentially move the horses before the other builder shows up on Tuesday, the one who is turning the power off and insists he'll be driving his dumper truck through the horses field o_O

Last edited:
Did he say when he would get back to you?
Not really, he said he would try to call his brother last night. They don't have a land line or mobile service at their house so communications have been slow throughout, they just call when they are out and about.

I guess it's that awful dilemma of wanting/needing to know but not putting them off by being too pushy!

Personally I would not knock on. But I might stick a card through the door saying how nice it was to meet him, stressing how happy you are with the land/set up, summarising what you agreed and ending with 'really looking forward to hearing from you, after you have spoken to your brother." And leaving contact details again. A prompt without being rude!

Reactions: Jessey
I would be inclined to wait and not appear too pushy as well. It's not yet been 48 hours since you met him and whilst it would have been handy to be doing things there over your long weekend, speaking to his brother probably isn't a huge priority for the guy. He probably has no idea of your urgency in the situation. I'm not know for my patience and I'd probably have sleepless nights from waiting and worrying (my forte :cool:) but I would still give it a week before "casually" chasing up, for great of putting him off me! I'm a great believer of "no news is good news" and "slowly slowly, catchy monkey". There are times when it pays to be pushy..... and times when it pays not to be pushy.

They have been very slow to respond at every stage, first contact was a week after I first messaged them and we agreed to contact after the easter weekend to meet, I messaged her on the Tuesday afternoon and waited a week before contacting them again, heard back the next day to meet the following day and now we're here.
I've tried to be patient all along, its killing me o_O :p I dont want to be pushy, or to scare them off :p

They have been very slow to respond at every stage, first contact was a week after I first messaged them and we agreed to contact after the easter weekend to meet, I messaged her on the Tuesday afternoon and waited a week before contacting them again, heard back the next day to meet the following day and now we're here.
I've tried to be patient all along, its killing me o_O :p I dont want to be pushy, or to scare them off :p
Some people live like this. I can see why you need to know though. I would.
But my motto is " no news is good news"
It should be straight forward really.
Fingers crossed for you.

newrider.com