Very moody mare - supplement/medication suggestions please

To be honest if she's as bad as that, i.e. trying to kick you etc then I think the regumate or marble would be your best option, I have a 'moody mare' for a month or so in the spring, started last year and the first thing my vet suggested was ' keep a diary for a month and if she doesn't settle we'll try her on regumate. I was shocked in all honesty as would have at least expected a scan to rule out cysts etc, thankfully she settled down and as we don't compete I can live with her moody behaviour for a couple of months each spring, she isn't as bad as your girly though.
Hope you get her more comfy soon , can't be nice for either of you.

Reactions: MrC and squidsin
To be honest if she's as bad as that, i.e. trying to kick you etc then I think the regumate or marble would be your best option, I have a 'moody mare' for a month or so in the spring, started last year and the first thing my vet suggested was ' keep a diary for a month and if she doesn't settle we'll try her on regumate. I was shocked in all honesty as would have at least expected a scan to rule out cysts etc, thankfully she settled down and as we don't compete I can live with her moody behaviour for a couple of months each spring, she isn't as bad as your girly though.
Hope you get her more comfy soon , can't be nice for either of you.

A diary is a good idea. I've out her on Frisky Mare Plus and we'll see how that goes. If there's no difference in the next 2-3 weeks, I'll get the vet out and see what he says. He has given the injections to a friend of mine whose horse is about the same as mine, so I'm sure he'd do it, but as ever I'm umming and ahhing about what the right decision for her is!

Reactions: MrC
Highly recommend hackup. Wish it had been around when I had Bonnie! Oestress was not massively effective. Wendals herbs were good but not sure if they are still on the go. My mare is on hackup bespoke and I barely notice she's in season.

Reactions: Trewsers
Highly recommend hackup. Wish it had been around when I had Bonnie! Oestress was not massively effective. Wendals herbs were good but not sure if they are still on the go. My mare is on hackup bespoke and I barely notice she's in season.

Oestress didn't do a lot for mine either. I have a hackup concoction made for Zi too which is fab.

Morning all. I took Angel XC at the weekend and she was a horror - got stupidly attached to the gelding she travelled with then wouldn't detach herself from his side, resulting in some quite spectacular napping. I was lucky to stay on, and after an hour and a half of being bucked, bronced and dancing sideways at every jump and even cantering backwards away from them at times, I am keen to sort this. This has happened a few times now, always when I take her off the yard, and resulted in me breaking a finger coming off her a few weeks ago. She was fine in the winter so I think her behaviour is hormonal. She's also moody about me tightening the girth or tapping her in the ovaries region (she has had a saddle and back check recently.) Any suggestions? I'm going to speak to the vet about Regumate and possibly injections, but I believe these can have an impact on her breeding potential. I'm not planning to breed off her but I don't know what the future might hold for us, and I may decide to sell at some point, so I don't want to rule it out completely if possible.
Hi did you get results with any supplement?

newrider.com