Twin 2 n Oscar Hunter Trial Pics

How rude and childish. You post videos for feedback yet when people aren't massaging your sizeable ego you go in a strop.

You openly admitted the pony wasn't fit yet you took the pony anyway? I think you need to take your own advice KP after you commented on the badminton thread saying tired horses needed pulled up. This isn't he KP show and not everyone will agree with you.

Reactions: carthorse
Meh. Maybe her wording was a little harsh but I agree with MrC. Oscar looks to be struggling energy-wise and is so behind the leg your daughter is having to do a lot of kicking and flapping just to get him over the jumps. I don't mean that as a criticism of her riding, she was clearly doing her best with what she had, and you can't fault her determination, especially after her recent falls. But like MrC I don't understand why someone would take their horse to a hunter trial knowing that it wasn't of suitable fitness. Taking an unfit horse XC is not only unfair on them, and a great way to teach them to stop or make them sour, but also potentially dangerous, because when there's no power in their canter and they're lacking impulsion over solid obstacles it's so much more likely for something to go wrong. Is it really so awful for someone to voice this viewpoint?

Reactions: carthorse and MrC
@joosie if ANYONE else on the forum had expressed that opinion - fine. No problem. I would have re-checked the video, questioned my decision making etc. I am very happy to be offered advice, and I have often acted on forum advice. But MrC makes a point of getting at everything and anything I post. If she can't find something to criticise she just won;t comment at all! I have no idea why as I have never been horrible to her or anyone else as far as I am aware. And her posts to others are not so unbalanced. I don't expect others to have noticed but I have! It is also often personally abusive - I've been called naive, foolish, silly, selfish, idiotic, thoughtless, reckless, egotistical etc etc and I have frankly had enough. I want her to just leave me alone. Hence my wish that the ignore button actually prevented people seeing and commenting as that would prevent this kind of targeted behavior. But at least I can carry on ignoring her myself. So this one comment in isolation is not the issue it is a LOOOOONG history of personal digs and comments that I am sick of and will no longer read. In fact I stopped reading months ago but I know it hasn't stopped as every so often I just have a look back out of interest and it's same old, same old.

As for Oscar's fitness - I said he was not at full competition fitness not that he was unfit. Hence Katie trotting him round sections to give him mini breathers every so often and not going for a time. But I took him to 2 XC sessions with a trainer before we entered who said he was fine. He did over an hour in training and was still full of running at the end. He was more than fit enough to compete safely, even though he was tiring by the end. And he recovered perfectly well - had a day off the next day but was as playful in the field as ever; bucking and running. He is actually often behind the leg - his silliness is less fast & forward than just bouncy and upwards! Katie always has to work very hard to get him going forward and jumping out of his stride rather than bunny hopping and chipping in strides. That's just how he is.

So basically you will ignore sound advice based on who is posting it, the fact that i am forthright in all my postings in anyone's threads not just yours, wow speaks volumes.

I don't disregard a good point regardless of who posts it. You don't know me and I don't know you, personally I'm quite glad of that fact as you are th type of 'yesterday girl' of the horse world that drives me crazy, you want to be doing everything yesterday and don't have the patience to wait for the good things whilst doing the boring bit, the work.

I have to say - there has never been much love lost between MrC and I - as I am certain she will confirm.:p (I secretly suspect we are too similar to ever be best buddies! :D)But I do have some sympathy with her as I am also someone who has been lambasted on here for being perhaps slightly too blunt and to the point, but I do recognise that she has considerable experience and her words of wisdom are very often worth a second look - if you ignore the way she tells you what she thinks lol!

I hardly dare say (read that as I have learned to keep my big gob shut on here:rolleyes:) I also thought he was visibly tiring and I too believe a tired horse is a dangerous horse if you ask too much before they are physically ready. Don't dismiss an honest and perceptive opinion because it isn't gushing and sugar coated. IME the gushing and sugar coated ones more often than not lead you up the wrong route and also do not one single thing to help you move forward with the issues you are currently posting about. ;)

I have to say - there has never been much love lost between MrC and I - as I am certain she will confirm.:p (I secretly suspect we are too similar to ever be best buddies! :D)But I do have some sympathy with her as I am also someone who has been lambasted on here for being perhaps slightly too blunt and to the point, but I do recognise that she has considerable experience and her words of wisdom are very often worth a second look - if you ignore the way she tells you what she thinks lol!

I hardly dare say (read that as I have learned to keep my big gob shut on here:rolleyes:) I also thought he was visibly tiring and I too believe a tired horse is a dangerous horse if you ask too much before they are physically ready. Don't dismiss an honest and perceptive opinion because it isn't gushing and sugar coated. IME the gushing and sugar coated ones more often than not lead you up the wrong route and also do not one single thing to help you move forward with the issues you are currently posting about. ;)

Thanks cortrasna and yes we have never seen eye to eye but it hasn't stopped us both looking at what's typed and taking the necessary from it. I would rather someone took the huff and sounded off and then thought about what they are doing from me posting than something bad happening to horse or rider.

I've always been blunt as those who have been in her for as long as I have (2004/5) can confirm. I'm that way in life as well, knowledge regardless of the outlet that can be used is valued to me. I don't rate certain forms of horsemanship, I'm quite open about it, but that doesn't mean that there aren't some grains of truth and sense hidden amongst the gimmicks.

Reactions: Cortrasna
Perhaps we all need to step back and take a deep breath before hitting post. KPNut your post I'm afraid was downright rude. Please play nicely or I'll have to do some editing.

KP nut that last post is exactly why I tend to stay off your threads - rude, patronising & always having to be right or at least have someone else to blame for your actions.

Reactions: MrC
newrider.com