Tralalala said goodnight in daylight (well almost!)

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Hehehee, last night the first night since last year I tucked the girls up and it wasn't pitch black! Hurrah! Soon we won't be needing the caravan lights on either! Suddenly I find myself looking back on the winter and wondering "did I really imagine the wind and rain or did it happen"?!
I am so glad that it is calm and dry now. Well, even if we get loads of rain, it won't be like the winter past. The girls are so happy too, all I could hear was munching last night with interspersed happy snorts...........Just wait till they go out 24/7 - now that will be fab!
Despite the spring grass, I think they are happier and calmer atm. We've had quite a bit of leg kicking about etc etc but on the whole much laid-backness..........how about yours?

Ours went out 24/7 on Saturday. Even muzzled and in a fly rug June seemed much happier yesterday after camping out! So much so she refused to go back into her stable :redface:

Ours will be out 24/7 next month :dance:

I'm not bothered about having to muck out (in fact sadly I think I will miss our after work routine) but looking forward to happy calm Scarlet, she was like a different pony when we moved to 24/7 last year from the yard that stabled at nights all year round :smile:

Love spending time with her in the field :biggrin:

I am excited for more of this ...

a4c5d31f.jpg

I'm only allowed cuddle rights when she feels she has been out long enough to not bother getting up and running away :happy:

Mine are out 24/7 anyway (most of the year unless really bad wind and rain). Considering spring has sprung and the boys are now out in their spring/summer paddocks Victory yesterday was very sedate.

I lunged him as hadn't ridden for a week and he was very chilled, even in the canter.

He then couldn't even be bothered to canter over some poles I put down, naughty boy!!

I think the warmer weather is making him want to sunbath rather than work lol!! I would have expected him to be like last year when he totally lost the plot coming out of winter but no he was a saint.

The girls came off the winter field this weekend and are all feeling a little sprightly!!! In fact Bella (age 2) is behaving much better than Inca (age 5) and Puz (who is the worst at age 18!). Inca gets on her toes when her routine changes anyway so hopefully she'll calm down in a few weeks!

Am taking Puz out this evening for her first hack for ages, I have a feeling she'll be a little lively!!!

newrider.com