Training a growing out hog

Cremola Foam

Jan 11, 2005
Scotland
simelar ish to seeing spots thread, but not compleatly!

I hogged Peds this time last year and after a month of living with him hogged decided to grow it back. It's done well and is now mostly sort of flopping to one side. (His mane is really thick and a bit crazy so sort of flops forwards.) The bit of mane closest to his withers is still standing up straight though so I have plaited his mane in an attempt to get it to lie flat, then I can pull it. We have a show in a couple weeks time so I need it more manageable by then.

My question is how long do I leave the plaits in for? Do I redo them every night? Can they stay in for a couple days before being brushed out and redone? I haven't done them tight at the crest as I didn't want them hurting or him overly itching them.

Here is a piccie
image.jpeg

Cheers @Jessey. I need to clip his legs and tidy him up. We have a our first show on the 8th of May and as we'll probably be pants in every other aspect I'd like him to at least look the part! I was thinking about clipping his legs this evening (not fully clipping them, just trimming off his feathers) so he has a few weeks for them to grow back in. I was thinking of clipping down the leg rather than up, against the growth of the hair as you normally would.

Anyone any ideas if this will look ok? I can't remember what I did last year as I took his feathers off about this time and it looked OK.

newrider.com