Thermal imaging

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
A friend brought himself a toy so we played with it on jess tonight :D
The right leg is the one she hurt the other week and is slightly fat today
IMG-20180406-WA0003.jpg
This is the back foot that had the mud fever that effected her foot, right where that white/yellow spot is..... IMG-20180406-WA0000.jpg
Side view of the fat leg (which friend said he would hardly know is fat, but I see it) IMG-20180406-WA0008.jpg
Has anyone had images done professionally?

Reactions: Trewsers
The price stops me dead on one of these. Unless it's not the 2k ones.

I sold my thermal laser thing because I just wasnt using it. I disappointed myself because I always wanted one. :rolleyes:

I would like my farrier to be able to do ^^ but he is old school and said why can't you see or feel a problem now. :D

I haven't ever had any done, but I do find it interesting.
She had radiography imagining and that shows up inside the hoof including the hike they had to fill as it messing it up.

Reactions: Jessey
I would love to have that done on chunkys back. Don't know anything about it to be honest. Only snippets I've read.
I would like to do a test, ride for a week then re-examine. Then have one of the girls ride to see if it was as hot. I think that would then convince me of whether he should continue to be ridden by me or the girls or not at all.
Does it work in humans.

Not exactly your situation but we're going to do a before and after riding test on Sunday, I've got a group ride I've organised so with Jess out I'm borrowing one of his horses to lead it on so we will scan her.

There's a guy comes up here once in a while to do thermal imaging. Never booked an appointment because to get a full work up he is expensive. I had our school thermal imaging camera home for the weekend so did my own crude imaging of kez's legs. I'm sure you can get pretty decent apps/attachments for tablets that turn them into a thermal camera. I saw one in action at a teaching CPD event a while back.

Reactions: Jessey
That's the same reason I hadn't done it @eventerbabe, it wasn't cheap and 1 imagining session wasn't enough as you've nothing to compare to so the good ones seem to recommend doing a baseline scan when you have no concerns then you can use it more effectively when you do have a problem, then you still need your vet to agree to look at it to say if there is anything going on.

My friend has said I can borrow it when ever I like :D so I've already told him I'll need another play session with it :D

What a super clever thing. I would love one! I think there is someone up here who has such a machine. Would be so interesting for both girls. There may / may not have been an issue with Chloe's back. Her job is as companion so riding never was on the agenda, but prior apparently she was. Hmm.
Wonder what it would show on madam's leg?!

I realized over the weekend I took the leg pic after I put liniment on the leg which probably made it look hotter and any hot spot less specific, so I am going to pinch it and have another play this week sometime (whenever it stops raining :rolleyes:)

newrider.com