The things we do :)

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
well I've had another good day :)

Had an actual lie in after more than 3.5 hrs of sleep! I had a full 5.5hrs last night so I felt great this morning.

Went for lunch locally and had some good old carvery to fuel me for my pony afternoon :D

I spent the afternoon gutting my friends stables, tore out beds and topped them up with fresh shavings, cleaned the automatic water drinkers and Haybars, made up haynets and did some pony tidying i.e. Pulling manes :D

I then rode Logan in his new bit, he was much better so we seem to have a winner in the Happy Tongue, Loose Ring bomber bit :) We had a wee pop over a fence a few times as well just to test how things are with the bit and the saddle adjustments he has made :)

Then went back to Kia and played with him for a wee bit, he decided that eating his meds and dinner wasn't for him, so he's having a stable time out tonight. He's not happy but hey tough love lol

Few grainy pics of Logan and I :)

IMG_4605.JPG IMG_4606.JPG IMG_4601.JPG IMG_4602.JPG IMG_4603.JPG IMG_4604.JPG

Sounds like a brilliant and really productive day! Great pics thanks for sharing :D hope the horses appreciate their really clean beds!!

Reactions: MrC
I miss mucking out stables sometimes, you pictures made me think of it now, I love that feeling of satisfaction when its all done and you can tuck your horse in at night :p

Reactions: orbvalley and MrC
I miss mucking out stables sometimes, you pictures made me think of it now, I love that feeling of satisfaction when its all done and you can tuck your horse in at night :p
I love mucking out too! Really annoys me when they walk in to a lovely neat bed and kick the shavings everywhere within a couple of minutes. Ungrateful ponies

Great photos, looks like a very productive day.

Reactions: MrC and Jessey
I love mucking out too! Really annoys me when they walk in to a lovely neat bed and kick the shavings everywhere within a couple of minutes. Ungrateful ponies

Great photos, looks like a very productive day.

It was a great day :) lol I'm the same hence why I left the beds up for their mum ;) she can have that frustration :D

Sounds like a brilliant and really productive day! Great pics thanks for sharing :D hope the horses appreciate their really clean beds!!

I hope so too! I know Arion will as he loves a good roll in a fresh bed! Logan will on occasion too but he really loves his hay :p

It's was very therapeutic! Kia as is up and his stable done mostly he's hardly in it over summer so it was just what I needed :)

I am going to the feed shop and the vets for his meds so once I come back my tack room and rugs are getting sorted for winter. I'm emptying my big wooden tack box as the local feed store is have a good sale day in Sept and I want to get some bulk items if I can and my box is mouse proof songreat for feed. I have an eBay order for 25kg sack of linseed coming as well and I still have about 10kgs of marchs bag sitting in there sealed up as well :)

I like to be organised :D

People can comment on Logan as well, him mum and I won't be offended :) I thought his shape over those were better since his gridwork clinic :)

Good to see you are most definitely getting your sleep pattern back into some sort of order. I felt exhausted just reading the list of jobs done! Oh I will very happily comment on Logan - my sort for sure - no expert but I do agree, he is making a nice shape now so the gridwork clinic must be paying off. :)

Reactions: orbvalley and MrC
His shape is definitely coming on;):)

Thank you :) now that he's beginning to realise where his legs etc need to be I don't feel like I look like an idiot o_O

It's now flat work time so he's going to be stressaging for a while to build up his balance and correct muscles then we will start popping fences again. We will be doing pole work and cavaletti but not gridwork this time :)

Reactions: orbvalley
Good to see you are most definitely getting your sleep pattern back into some sort of order. I felt exhausted just reading the list of jobs done! Oh I will very happily comment on Logan - my sort for sure - no expert but I do agree, he is making a nice shape now so the gridwork clinic must be paying off. :)

Thanks you @Cortrasna I was sure I had replied to this :)

He is definitely a good pity buy for my friend, he is ideal For me too but she needs his sort of no drama temperament and boldness, she just needs to believe in herself.

My aim once she is ready is to have him as experienced and ready to go and confident as I can so that she can just get on him and go then they can grow their own direction together :)

Last edited:
newrider.com