The Lottie Diaries

Well I'm glad he had a helpful suggestion! What will you ride on in the meantime? I can imagine you hunting bareback, you are brave enough!

Sorry @Jane&Ziggy I have only just seen this, it was only away 1 day so luckily I haven't missed much riding. Oh gosh no way I would be clinging on for dear life! I'm really not that brave I just have a go and hope it turns out ok lol!

Lottie had her first lick it on Thursday as she had to stay in all day for the farrier I thought it migh help keep her entertained. She showed no interest in it at all and didn't seem to know what to do with it :rolleyes:

My lovely girl

20171102_073900.jpg

Mine has never had one. Will occasionally use the salt lick though.
Loves the treat ball when used. :D

Why do I get the feeling that you are never really sure if she's going to stop? I am certain that Ziggy would be the same, though he's not so fit at the mo!

Reactions: Lissie
No she always stops she's just strong lol it's all part of the fun :p was holding my phone too so that made it harder. She would never bolt, she's really safe... if you know what you're doing and it doesn't scare you. I love it!

Little video of Lottie jumping a 1.25/1.30 hedge :D she is just so cool, no leg needed she saw her spot and pulled me all the way down to it.

And a photo to show it doesn't always go to plan, totally my fault, she jumped me out of trouble and I very nearly came off lol. This was only a small hedge.
IMG-20171105-WA0028.jpg
Had this horse 2 months and we've done miles of hacking, hunting, fun rides, cross country, jumped some big fences and I haven't had a bad ride yet. Little horse huge heart, my Lottie Lionheart

Attachments

• IMG_20171105_161705_182.jpg
    IMG_20171105_161705_182.jpg
    726.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Lottie loved being back up front hunting last weekend. My friend had to step in for his Dad field mastering, on a new horse who hated ditches, meaning Lottie had to keep giving leads as she will jump anything and everything. You can tell by her face she loves being up front. Such a special little horse, she also looks massive!
IMG_20171203_184027_459.jpg
IMG_20171203_183558_480.jpg
IMG_20171203_183339_990.jpg

@Trewsers Thank you, she's an amazing hunter, can tell she's done a lot of it. I never feel nervous on her as I know she will always look after me. It's very social too, I've met lots of new people from hunting. Lottie is very much admired for her boldness and how she never ever stops no matter what. Last week we were jumping a fence and another horse stopped just in front and pushed into her so we were right up against the gate post, I wouldn't of blamed her to stop but she'd seen her line and jumped it very neatly off the angle. It's times like that I realise how lucky I am, she always gets me out of trouble.

Last edited:
Mine loves being behind or beside, definately not upfront.

It's great you found her, she is giving you lots of fun.
How's the saddle situation?

Reactions: Lissie
Lottie will go behind but she's got a huge stride so naturally ends up in front out hacking and definitely prefers leading. She loves being up front with the field master hunting, especially when she can see/hear the hounds. Funny how different they all are. Yes I was sooo lucky to find her she really is amazing, every day she makes me beam like the Cheshire cat, she is everything I wanted and so much more as well. I feel like the cat that got the cream :p

Saddle has been fine and no slipping since it had the felt flocking taken out and replaced all with wool so seems like that was the problem.

Hunting off this weekend so the hunter tried polework. This is hard for her because she's never done poles and on a circle makes it hard for a horse that is used to just going forwards. She's getting much more rideable in the school instructor thinks it's because I'm so chilled with her, this is slowest I've got her.

After this she went out for a few hours and I forgot she was being clipped which meant we had to hairdry her legs off so they could be clipped. She never batted an eyelid and stood like a rock for 20 minutes whilst we got her legs dry, one person at one end and me at the other. She has such a good temperment.

Reactions: orbvalley
newrider.com