The demon bitch is gone :)

I was thinking of flash as well when trying to assess, and its not pessimistic, its realistic. I don't know if he's lame as I've not seen him do more than 3 steps, but I would be able to see in that if he was badly lame which he's not. I've emailed my vet to ask if she thinks a visit would be in order.

Best news is that if it is that, a few weeks rest and the correct management- there’s every possibility that he’ll be absolutely fine. Flash has had such an uncomplicated recovery. If I could bottle it and sell it as a certainty I’d be a squillionaire. :)

Reactions: Jessey
My superstar vet got back to me, from what I have described she thinks it very unlikely he has any of the common fractures from kicks, but just in case I am going to video him trotting up and turning and send it to her and I'm to palapatate his head, neck, chest, shoulder and leg extra firmly, and if anything isn't quite right we will X-ray, otherwise I just have to continue monitoring him :) I feel much happier now I have had my vet weigh in on it (not just the on call one) :)

He's lamer than i thought :( though this was after a canter, buck and bronc, I couldnt trot him up and video alone so put him in a closed off section of the track and he got a bit carried away. Here's the trot anyway
I've sent this to my vet to see what she thinks. I had a good feel top to toe, the only bit that seemed sore was his neck :( but biting me could have just been irritation at being poked, there weren't any obvious painful flinches anywhere.

The demon possessing my horse has left :p yesterday she was much improved, I broke out a bale of her favourite hay yesterday too and today i started to get worried when shed been down asleep for almost 2 hours, but she's just super relaxed :) no trying to stomp hank when I got him out either.

The demon possessing my horse has left :p yesterday she was much improved, I broke out a bale of her favourite hay yesterday too and today i started to get worried when shed been down asleep for almost 2 hours, but she's just super relaxed :) no trying to stomp hank when I got him out either.

So glad to read this:)

Reactions: Jessey
I think a combo of hangry, irritated by the kids coming in and general winter grumpiness :rolleyes: as she was already more settled before I broke out the other hay, she is enjoying that though, is stood waiting for me to arrive twice a day to get it even though there is plenty of the other she could be eating :) We shall see if she turns demonic again in a few weeks, if she does I'll know hormones played into it too.

Reactions: HaloHoney
newrider.com