The cold weather isn't doing much for weight loss !

Ruskii

Jun 21, 2000
UK
My horse had his usual rainsheet on for the last downpour we had here about 2 weeks ago, since then he's been naked. He only wore it for 24 hours, we are due more rain tomorrow so I pulled it out of the stable and went to put it on him again, I only then had to let the straps out about 8/9 inches to get round his belly ! :eek: He's piling it on !!

He's now not impressed as I have sectioned his field down with tape and he's in a small patch on a diet. He was due to be clipped last week but I ran out of time, he's definitely getting a full clip this week and time to do some mileage on the carriage !

His coat is doing to much of a good job ! :eek:

Reactions: Jessey
My horse had his usual rainsheet on for the last downpour we had here about 2 weeks ago, since then he's been naked. He only wore it for 24 hours, we are due more rain tomorrow so I pulled it out of the stable and went to put it on him again, I only then had to let the straps out about 8/9 inches to get round his belly ! :eek: He's piling it on !!

He's now not impressed as I have sectioned his field down with tape and he's in a small patch on a diet. He was due to be clipped last week but I ran out of time, he's definitely getting a full clip this week and time to do some mileage on the carriage !

His coat is doing to much of a good job ! :eek:
I'm glad my horse isn't the only one who's piled on the weight....he's been in a light weight and has also got very fat...normally would of been clipped by now but I've broken my knee cap and so not been able to do it...also getting him ridden has come down to only about 3 times a week....this time of year it's so hard..x

Aye another here that the temps aren't fat busting! Madam has just grown an even thicker longer coat to cope with the Orkney weather......:p:D

What cold weather?
I just rode in a shirt! I did a hour in walk and I was a bit nippy but nothing more.

@newforest you must have super powers or just be lucky to live in a warm spot, I had 4 layers on to ride today, only time I stripped down to 1 was when poo picking, it was -1 here at 9 this morning.

Jess has put on a little since they've been going on longer grass daily, they get about 10-12 hours on it now. I can see she's laid down fat over her ribs and behind her shoulder and on her bum, I haven't weigh taped but her girth has gone down a hole so she's probably packed on 20kg, I'm not too heart broken this end of winter though, I can still feel her ribs just not see them so easily.

newrider.com