Showing tips needed for 'Ridden Warmblood'

AmazingGrace

Jun 22, 2017
Hi, I'm doing a ridden warmblood class on my warmblood (!) on sunday, but this is all very new to me.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do in terms of turnout (eg is a flash noseband ok and is a martingale allowed? Are boots not allowed? And presumably I need to plait her mane?) and what I do in the ring (eg: is the individual show pre-set or can I just do anything simple?)

Any tips very gratefully received!

I have no clue, I've not heard of that class before, good luck though :)
It's our riding club's annual show so unaffiliated, but I would guess it may be the same sort of thing as Riding Horse or Riding Club horse (although both those classes are running at the show)?!

It's our riding club's annual show so unaffiliated, but I would guess it may be the same sort of thing as Riding Horse or Riding Club horse (although both those classes are running at the show)?!
I'd def check what their rules are then, its likely the same as you say but perhaps there is something special about it

I would think as it's a showing class it's cavesson bridle, plaited, no boots, no martingale.

Most Ridden Warmblood classes I have seen run at riding club used the same format as Hunter, riding horse etc.
So I would turn out to type with cavesson and snaffle, double or pelham. No flash, martingale or boots. No numnah or a discrete one in brown or black
Plaited mane and pulled or plaited tail.
Tweed jacket, shirt and tie. Hair in a bun with a hairnet and navy hat if you have one. Beige jods, long black boots, gloves and a cane.

How the class runs depends on how experienced the judge is but a standard class should run as follows.
Everyone enters in walk on the right rein.
Once everyone is in the steward/judge will give the command to trot.
Then when the judge has seen enough trot the command to canter will be given.
The steward will then ask for a change of rein in trot and for you to pick up canter on the left rein.
You may be asked to extend/gallop up one side of the ring just pay attention to the steward or whoever is shouting the commands.
You will be lined up some will just pull you in any order other judges may do a pull in the order that they like after the go round.

For the individual show, if it is a set show the steward or judge will tell you this and explain what to do do not deviate:D you will lose marks and placings if you ignore when a set show is given and do your own thing.
If there is no set show then a standard show would be

f6156024-cc9d-481d-81bf-df43c4d46002_zps4f36e96d.jpg

Reactions: OwnedbyChanter
Is this at the SORC Open Show by any chance?! If so, OBC and I are both involved with organising it and my livery yard is actually sponsoring that class! I'd have entered my own warmblood but I'll be at the polo on the day!

newrider.com