Show us your legs :-)

Oooh bonny feathers! My Chloe sadly has had hers taken off. The mud began here a bit ago and she does suffer with chronic itching and mf all year round so off they came. She looks funny without her flares.

I can't believe how clean those legs are!
Our fields are really, really muddy. Mylo s lovely thick white feathers are black!

I can't believe how clean those legs are!
Our fields are really, really muddy. Mylo s lovely thick white feathers are black!
I have had to dig out the dandy brush to get rid of a few patches of mud today.
I think the mud actually falls off. The vet commented on how shiny her coat was= slippery as hell without the saddle!

Mine aren't that clean but I keep oiling them so we are still reasonable. I will see if I can get some tomorrow.

until next spring ours are only that clean when the snow cleans them off! we scrape mud off foot and coronet when the farrier visits but that's about it, we leave them alone and let them do the job they are designed for, only exception this year may be Gem , if she goes out for a ride then she might get a quick dandy just so boots can go on but suspect if winter is bad that won't be often.

Reactions: newforest
IMG_1401.jpg
IMG_1400.jpg

Before and during (you can imagine the after)

ETA - sorry I don't get why there is an extra attached pic, or why the others are so big!

Attachments

• IMG_1401.jpg
    IMG_1401.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: newforest
if she goes out for a ride then she might get a quick dandy just so boots can go on but suspect if winter is bad that won't be often.
I am like that. Brush the top half to go out and leave the bottom that looks like it's already been.
I only brush the feathers to remove mud/burrs they haven't been washed.

newrider.com