saxilby riding school or park riding school lincoln

Unfortunately I've been informed that very sadly Mr Baker has passed away
I learnt so much from him. . Yes he was sometimes difficult but I respected his vast amount of knowledge and experience. I spent many happy childhood years there. Who remembers any of the people who rode there

Hi ... I have just come across this forum I remember Arthur Baker and his wife Zena and the many horses he owned over the years Colonel Bess Misty Lassie Colleen Pegasus Pip Firecrest Robin Freckles Winkle Shyanne Bonnie Pinto Copper Nimrod Billy Charm Dollar Topper Raffles Blaze Gypsy Friday Strawberry Darkie Dumpling Sugar Puff .... I could go on my list is endless.
I remember some names from back in the 60s/70s Barbara Howis (nee Stubbs) Carol Ward used to instruct saddle club Susan Martin Helen Miller Melanie Hird Nicola Coffey Amanda Johnson lots of people spring to mind can't remember a lot of surnames though. Annabel Millar Tracey ? ( think her name could have been Dimbleby she lived just up the road near the common) Zoe & her sister I think could have been called Samantha Rowan......... does anyone remember any of this Someone mentioned a lady earlier on I think they could have been referring to Mrs Golding she lived at Grantham and used to go to Park Riding school with her children Alison & John

Last edited:
Unfortunately I've been informed that very sadly Mr Baker has passed away
I am sorry to hear that Arthur has passed away .... do you know when ? I haven't seen him for approximately 15 years but he always sent me a christmas card ..... the last few years I have not recieved a card and I have tried to find out what happend to him via the internet but this is the first post I have found

I am sorry to hear that Arthur has passed away .... do you know when ? I haven't seen him for approximately 15 years but he always sent me a christmas card ..... the last few years I have not recieved a card and I have tried to find out what happend to him via the internet but this is the first post I have found

Hi. He passed away a week or two ago. At the grand age of 96. I believe his funeral will be on the 28th of April. Lincolnshire co-op funerals have all the details. I'm sure there are many of his riders from the past and present would like to pay their respects. I personally owe him so much. His love for horses rubbed off on so many. Many thanks Arthur.

Hi. He passed away a week or two ago. At the grand age of 96. I believe his funeral will be on the 28th of April. Lincolnshire co-op funerals have all the details. I'm sure there are many of his riders from the past and present would like to pay their respects. I personally owe him so much. His love for horses rubbed off on so many. Many thanks Arthur.
Hi Pegasus1969...... I just wanted to say a big thank you to you for passing on the news about Arthur Baker......because if you I managed to attend his funeral and say goodbye to a very dear friend.
I have in the past few days started up a Facebook page for people to share memories photos stories etc about the Park Riding & Hunting Stables. The name of the group is uncle Arthurs Old Academy Angels. ....There are already a few stories and photos on there.....maybe someone you know...or even you..... Ditchjumper ..Lincoln Lady..mancha70...Storm & Jacks mum

lol abi i couldnt stand james he was mrs scotts son n i hated him lol was a riding instructor called tracey there when you was? my fave horse was splash a grey about 14hh i loved that horse n wanted to buy it n they sold it 3 months before i managed to save enough money i was totally gutted lol tracey is my aunty byu the way thats why i asked lol x
I used to go every summer as a child, splash was the first pony i had for the week, followed by zebedee, basil and scallywag! Fab memories ❤ i have photos somewhere lol. X

newrider.com