Rough idea on prices for saddle fitting please

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Question in title really - how much (I know this may vary slightly) do you or have you paid for the following:
1. Initially getting a saddler out to examine your current saddle and watch your horse be ridden in it, ie, assess it properly
2. Return after doing either alterations / repairs
I have had occasion to have two different saddlers out doing more or less the same thing. The way they went about it varied as did the price. Am curious as its going to be getting to that time of year again when madams saddle needs checking over as she will most certainly have changed shape recently and will do so again once we start working properly.
I'd be most grateful if you could give me an indication on the price I ought to expect to be paying.
Thanks.:)

Ours charges £35 and she does minor adjustments on site so you dont have to be without the saddle.

I think thats a standard charge around here.

You might get charged some milage if its only one to do.

Mine charges £65 for consultation and saddle fitting including travelling.

Not the cheapest BUT is very good. Have had other saddlers out who were a false economy as they wern't very good!

IF you ask them to come back out within 13 weeks of buying a saddle to check fit/flocking etc they don't charge as much becasue you don't pay for the consultation/ minor adjustment to flocking etc

Mine costs £85 for our regular check of saddle fit 9usually every 6 months)and for her to do adjustments on site. The callout is £45 (so if there is more than 1 then that cost is split) and then £40 to adjust the saddle including the flocking.

But she does a very thorough job and as she does it all including the flocking there and then she can keep putting it back on the horse and getting you to sit on so she can check the work she has done - which is worth paying for I think. I am one of the few people I know who has bought a saddle and had no problems with it whatsoever and it actually fits :D

Mine charges £50 call out (not discounted on the price of the saddle) and then £30 for a flocking alteration and £30 for a tree alteration.

Last time he came out to fit a brand new saddle (following the theft of my old one) and he was here a good couple of hours, including helping me sew shims onto the correct part of my saddlecloth.

He fantastic, well worth the money. :)

Mine costs £45 for a check up. I think reflocking is £20 or £25
Call out depends on where you are - she's a long way away so I pay alot of petrol money but worth it to get someone good even if if they are out of your area and you can split that.

She checks it, watches me riding in different paces and when it needed reflocking, adjusted then watched me riding in it to check how he moved.
When he lost weight, advised on how best to pad so he would be comfortable but still have the space to muscle up.

Bought 2 saddles from her ( she doesn't charge for fitting a saddle she supplies) and last time Frankie had his back done, back lady commented on how lovely and soft his back was.

Thanks so much for all the replies. I can see there is a slight variance in the prices - but, overall they seem to be a little bit less that I paid!!! But, there may be a reason for this.

newrider.com