riding school horses remembering you?

RayRay

Jan 8, 2017
Riidng school Horse don;t really remember people do they? I mean I love May(the horse i ride most offen) But don't really know if she actually knows who I am. she did come up the stable door the last time i rode when she more but that probably means nothing.

If you are riding them regularly then yeah they'll remember you:)
I had lessons weekly at one point on a quirky gelding. He certainly remembered me! Lol he only ever bucked going into canter with me on board:p
I think they do have good memories,

I just unsure if you could form a kind of realtionship with them a two way one may might know who I am

I think they do. I'm new to riding so am asking a question to those of you more experienced. Can they distinguish between different riders and behave differently accordingly?

I think they do. I'm new to riding so am asking a question to those of you more experienced. Can they distinguish between different riders and behave differently accordingly?

Yes definitely ! They know within 5 minutes of the tacking up stage whether you're a worthy leader or not in their eyes/ good rider in ours;) The trick is to take charge the minute you put the head collar on them. They appreciate a good leader, if they think you're not one they'll generally take charge themselves! When I used to ride at an RS different horses definitely behaved differently with different riders due to the afore mentioned;)

Reactions: Trewsers and JayneW
I'm thinking of my progress as a rider over the last 5 months and I can see how that is true. I now get involved in tacking and untacking the horse I ride and it has made me more confident generally around them which I'm sure shows. I'm hoping the improvement in my riding also means they have a better time lugging me about which they also remember!!

Reactions: orbvalley
newrider.com