Put him in his standard neck they said, he'll like it they said......

Oh dear! It's been so mild here mine should really have been rugless, especially yesterday, but I'm ashamed to say they have remained in their rainsheets.... even Jack who is unclipped AND unridden at the mo! :oops: Gracie has a dirty neck, face and mane but her bod is still clean.

Thank goodness it IS now raining so I feel justified :cool:

Reactions: SeeingSpots
If it's raining I put him in his combo but it's only 100g at the minute because the weather has warmed up so much. That rug is a 200g but it's a standard neck so the breeze blows on him and the breeze is chilly. I thought it's sunny, I'll dare to put him out in it. I watched him wading through the mud and I knew what he was planning lol

Haha school boy error :p Mine won't go out without necks until the gorunds dried up a bit more, when it's really wet they go out with turnout hoods on too!

Hahaha they are all the same if you just put a new rug on or just groom or bath them they go and find the muddiest part of the field:rolleyes: mine is out rugless and he is a mud monster. He dries off overnight in his stable so it is easily brushed off again.:D

How strange that you all have horses that roll in mud. Mine choses the driest spot to roll. In fact she usually goes in the barn to do it and comes out again.

Seriously I have to hunt for something to brush off.

Hahaha they are all the same if you just put a new rug on or just groom or bath them they go and find the muddiest part of the field:rolleyes: mine is out rugless and he is a mud monster. He dries off overnight in his stable so it is easily brushed off again.:D
Can you post a photo as mine is naked and almost spotless. I might get some mud on her face.

@newforest Oh you are so lucky she looks for the driest spot bless her. I will take a photo of him tomorrow as I am sure he will be muddy again when I bring him in. After I rode him today as soon as I turned him out he rolled and yesterday he was waiting at the gate to be brought in and as I walked towards the gate with headcollar in hand he did a circle and just flopped down in the thick mud at the gate and rolled, he then stood up all pleased with himself dripping in mud...also i hate the smell of fresh mud yuk yuk, its ok once it dries..

Never seen mine like that. She was wet today anyway so didn't brush.

What type of clip is that and are you out naked still? Just curious as mine is totally left by that looks a possibility for this winter.

Never seen mine like that. She was wet today anyway so didn't brush.

What type of clip is that and are you out naked still? Just curious as mine is totally left by that looks a possibility for this winter.

You must have a nice clean girl, probably keeping herself clean and tidy for the boys lol To tell you the truth I don't know what the clip is called but he has been out all winter rugless with that clip and it helps to keep his weight down, he also get sweaty when being ridden around the girth area so the clip helps solve that.

I wish I could load photos but I cant :( Chanter cakes himself in mud up and under is rug ginger is no better. But as I love bring them in every night to groom them I don't mind.

They are out 24/7 now and they still come in every night for a full groom to go straight back out and get muddy again. My barn think I am mad but as Chanter is just a lawn mower now its our time to just be together.

newrider.com