Proof is in the pudding

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I think we have the reason for Jess' recent antic's (head tossing, dropping the shoulder, trying to bugger off etc.), her teeth were due last month but the vet had some issues (sick son in car) so just gave them a quick check and we agreed she'd do them on her next visit, no biggie, but I called her back earlier after all the silliness. She didn't have any big hooks, but 3 little ones, one to the outside and 2 next to her tongue right up the back and they were sharp as anything when I had a feel, I can understand why those could have bothered her. Apparently its a very unusual place to get them which is why they weren't noted on the quick check, but possibly to do with her slightly uneven TMJ.

I am now wondering if this is also why she has been so difficult about hay recently, we shall see over the next few days, I am really hoping she settles back to eating well.

I also had the vet check her knee. She wasn't sure if its trauma or a little arthritis suddenly appearing but given she is 100% sound and gave no reaction to palpitation or flexion she has told me to ride her and continue icing it and see what happens, if she starts to go unsound we will Xray and scan it, but fingers crossed the lump is just residual from what ever happened and nothing to worry about.

Belle makes it very plain when her teeth need doing, she fusses a lot with the bit and shakes her head, nothing puts her off her food though! I hope it is that which has been the cause and she will now get back to her old self, fingers crossed for her knee too.

Reactions: Jessey
Kia is very stoic, he will put up with a lot and not show until it gets quite bad.

The last time he went dull and disinterested then started to lose weight, but that time the teeth were rocking in their sockets and the vet said they had been loose for upnto 4months, not a peep out of him.

Glad you got it sorted :) we always kinda know don’t we ;)

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com