Playing Ponies....My journey

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
Eva DIva at Blankney summer show 2013.jpg eva diva.jpg redone photo.jpg

I am a sometime nervous novice mature rider, with a passion for ponies... I am owned by 9 of these beautiful creatures and we all live in Lincolnshire.... I live nine miles from the ponies who live on a farm just outside the city. I have babies... middlies and oldies in my herd...And with My OH And a young rider we keep them all going and a as healthy as possible living out 24/7 on a pig farm where I rent 10 acres from the farmer.
I have been on the forum for abut 6 years now and though it was time to start a diary about there lives and my efforts to become a better owner and rider.

So where am I at riding wise I am happiest in walk and trot.... and have started cantering though it is not pretty sight...I don't really have ambitions to jump though I will pop a small jump/log for a change...My two main riding ponies are Mz Eva Diva my 13.2 hh Black Fell Pony aged 15 years who I have had for 4 years now we do a bit of showing , hacking and hopefully from this year some pleasure rides on.... Then I have my lovely new Highland pony mare K Melody who is a 14.1hh 7 years old steel dapple grey who I have spent the autumn getting to know and who I plan doing some W/T dressage and pleasure rides on next year....

Jess my young rider schools and competes Lunan ( Lunesdale Eagle) our grey fell pony aged 9 and takes him out and about having fun showing, WHP and Hunter trails... Lunan loves his jumping even though he is very much a novice pony but in the 7 months Jess has been riding him they have done so well together.... Next year they will be out more competing WHP... including some county level shows hopefully... Jess is also taking on backing and schooling Kira and Stormy our two welsh Sec D's and she will be adding hopefully competing them to her string of rides :) We are very lucky to have her help with the ponies.

That's leaves my oldies Faye retired buckskin IDX......... Belle semi retired grey Highland Pony 14.1 hh and Sweep 9.2hh black Shetland pony ex show pony lead rein and now veteran show Shetland.........

And last but not least Mr Darcy our give me...... Sec A Lead rein pony.... We have some little children hoping to be riding him next y and taking him to the odd show ..

Well that my herd now for some piccies

Last edited:
Another massive fan of Lunan here, he's definitely one of my fav NR ponies. Belle looks a sweetheart too. Your herd are lovely NL and all are blessed I think by being owned by you.

Reactions: Native Lover
Lunan is a real sweetheart of a pony, looks like butter wouldn't melt but he can have his moments.... Jess has turned him around in the 7 months she has been riding him.... She makes him look so easy but hes not. We are so lucky to have them all..

I just love watching them playing in the paddocks :D now that to me is my little bit of heaven...ponies playing... :D

Well today we groomed some of the ponies..... they do look so scruffy at this time of year. The I brought in Mz Eva Diva gave her a good brush off with the dandy brush...... tacked her up and hacked down the road to a friends place.... to meet up with two Blagdon cobs we were hacking out with.

Eva was full of beans...she wanted to be off and wouldn't stand still and wait while they were tacking up and getting ready :( naughty po... at last they were ready to go and we set of dwn the track from my friends place onto the quiet lane. I was leading on a very forward Mz Eva Diva.... followed by a friend on her new cob. the keeping up the rear the lady who own the tracks and paddocks we were on. of we all trundled towards the village passing dog walkers cars and vans.... they were all very good. We were sticking to a walking hack today with the new cob only on her 2nd hack out with her new Owner trying to give her confidence after a couple of nasty falls .....we were out about an hour and 20 mins in total all f us making it safetly home without incident :D Eva power walked all the way back from my friends place to ours without a care in the world.

This is one of only a few hacks I have done in company s was very proud of me and Eva today we were nannying the new cob on the hack :D Now looking forward to a winter of riding out .........

Not bad for 3 older but nervous novice types ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
Sounds great – I wish I had some friends like that to ride out with.

We have only just all found each other ( I knew they were there but I couldn't hack on the main road till this year to meet up with them :( )...there a few of us within about 4 mile radius so we shall be trying too get some more hacks and small fun things to do with our ponies and cobs next spring and summer.... maybe a le trec training day or something for beginners ;-)

3 weeks ago I fell off of Eva when she spooked at a pheasant.... result a broken rib and a lot of pain and a spell in hospital...I have been in the wars recently and right when there is the most work. And so has my OH with his brittle Asthma..so we both struggling at the minute ans doing just the basics really making sure they are fed and watered and basically that they are healthy.

Today i finally went back to see my muddy herd and had some lovely cuddles with some of them. This year I am not rugging most of the herd due to them being so fat. I usually rug my riding ponies. I have 4 grey ponies...yes I am a sucker for punishment lol they resemble bog ponies right now. I am trying to not groom them because I know they are living out unrugged but it is hard not to groom them.

I cannot wait for the next month to go so I can get back in the saddle again :)...

newrider.com