Dismiss Notice

Hi, we hope you enjoy looking around New Rider. We are a very friendly board so don't feel afraid to ask your questions. Register now, say 'Hello' and join in the conversations.

Pinworms :(

Discussion in 'Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies' started by Jessey, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Jessey

Jessey Well-Known Member

I found a bit more on Praziquantel (the tape part of pramox). There is believed to be a risk that it can cause insulin spikes based on research in rats, which obviously could be of concern for any metabolically challenged horse, particularly IR but the follow up info on the laminitis site seems to put that to bed and they do not consider it a risk, though they do mention the anecdotal evidence re footiness after worming but that's re all wormers, not specifically combined ones.
    http://www.thelaminitissite.org/u-v-w-x-y-z.html its the last section at the bottom.

2. Jessey

Jessey Well-Known Member

Forgot to update, I wormed with equest (green) on Tuesday and found a few dead worms the next couple of days and I've doused every itching surface with Milton daily since, hopefully I can break the cycle.

The FREE site for selling smallholdings, farms and rural properties