Pestshield spray

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Has anyone used??? I can't find anywhere on the internet their site or info on the bottle that mentions using it near animals, ie, precautions.
It's in a red bottle and does give instructions but nothing about use near pets. I am wanting to spot spray about the yard and wondered how long I should leave it before it's safe for the horses to come back up - ie, hours / days.
Any ideas? Thanks

haha oh silly me , I read the title wrong i thought it said PET sheild spray not pest sheild spray lol so I take it is to kill certain insects?? still haven't heard of it though, sorry lol

I'd keep them off it until the weeds are dead and have been removed if you are using a systemic weed killer like the above.

If they eat the plant they will also ingest the weedkiller. If there is absolutely no chance they will eat it then you can just wait until it's dried and it would be safe for them to be around but it's a bit of a risk if they take a nibble for some reason.

Reactions: Trewsers
haha oh silly me , I read the title wrong i thought it said PET sheild spray not pest sheild spray lol so I take it is to kill certain insects?? still haven't heard of it though, sorry lol
I read it as Petshield too..... only re read it when I saw your post above, so silly me too.

Reactions: joellie
Right I've found it, it would appear it's a glyphosate based weedkiller, if it is I wouldn't let the girls on it until the weeds are dead and you can remove them.

Reactions: Trewsers
Thanks guys, better safe than sorry, so I'll get it down when they are guaranteed to be out 24/7 and not mooching back up the yard. With a bit of luck it will zap the weeds and then I can get them out quickly. I have a rag fork (no rag wort here I just got it because I thought it looked useful for weeds) so hopefully it won't take me long.

newrider.com