Opinions and results

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
of using Equitop Myoplast.

Vet has recommended giving Kia it for a bit. Going by the website I’d get 60days from a tub but at £60 a tub my money tree is curling up it’s roots :confused:

If it is a great product with great results then yes I’ll try it but I have no spare cash for gimmicks :oops:

If you're on facebook do a search for Dr David Marlin's page & have a read up, I'm sure he did an article on these type of supplements recently.

Reactions: MrC
I actually have just read his research and wow did it open my eyes and stop me spending £60 very quickly!

I could buy spirulina and an additional wheatgrass protein supplement that would last months for £35!! I was gobsmacked!!

TOP TIPS TO HELP YOUR HORSE DEVELOP MUSCLE
Must be that time of year again! I’ve had half a dozen enquiries in the past week about how to help horses build muscle. I’ve posted on this before so apologies to those who have already seen this before.

SIMPLE BASIC RULES
-Your horse must be in regular work (at least 4 sessions per week)...
-The work must be strenuous enough to stimulate muscle development
-Your horse must be in a positive energy balance (getting more energy that they are using)
-Your horse must be getting sufficient protein
-Lysine: A 500kg horse requires around 25-40g of lysine per day depending on level of work. Feeding lysine above this amount will have NO effect. Average hay would supply around 5g lysine per kg. Linseed would supply around 10g lysine per kg.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON....
-Spirulina/Equitop Myoplast (despite what the vets say!)-
-Creatine
-Gamma oryzanol/Rice Bran
-Amino acid mixes
-Protein concentrates e.g. whey protein

-Feeding very high amounts of protein won’t build muscle
-Feeding high amounts of lysine above daily requirements wont build muscle
-Spirulina is like protein found in other feedstuffs and is very expensive and will not build muscle – don’t waste your money
-Equitop Myoplast is just a palatable and very expensive way to feed Spirulina and is no more effective than other forms of protein such as linseed – save your money!
-Don’t feed creatine supplements – horses don’t absorb creatine, you are wasting money!
-Don’t waste your money on concentrated amino acid or protein supplements! They will not build muscle and are the same proteins as in hay, linseed, oats, etc
-Gamma oryzanol/Rice bran/Rice bran oil – Marketed as a natural steroid. No evidence in any studies that it affects muscle in horses, people or other animals.
-Vitamin E (with or without selenium) – will not build muscle.
-Vitamin C – will not build muscle
-Vitamin & mineral supplements – will not build muscle

If you have come across any other muscle building ingredients and want to know if they work, just post a comment
1f642.png

This is a copy of his post on 15th February :)

Didn't see you'd found it until I'd copied the above, I'm glad it helped! If it's ok with you MrC I'll leave it there in case anyone else find it interesting.

Reactions: Prjsmk and MrC
newrider.com