One Small Advantage of a Mouthy Youngster

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
Fleurette is into eating everything. For once, it was to my advantage, she was so busy inspecting the syringe she was wormed before she knew it.

Amazingly her mum just stood and had it popped in and down it went. No collar, just asked her.

Buddy grew to at least 19hh and had to be encouraged not to be wimp!

Ah the lovely worming... Mr T will do our pair. Chloe is easy. Storm is dreadful - even after 10 years we struggle as does the vet!!!!

Mine are pretty good. I wormed Cherie today, her most unfavourable one of the year but she was real good. Took it well then stuck her nose up and wouldn't take treats:giggle: What a madam, I love her:inlove:

Mine is a madam or a tinker, the vets words when she was sick.

I solved the stress by simply buying the worming buddy. Its so simple and it reduces her stress.
Teeth are a nightmare!

Lol, I'm sure she'll learn!
I happily administer sedative bit by bit, using clicker and treats with Flipo, but when it comes to worming, I let my fieldmate take care of Flipo. Funny to watch, she has him cornered and sorted before he realises whats going on. The worry eye becomes angry eye quickly after. I just don't have the knack.

I am what you call workmanlike with mine, there are some things in life we can chat about, work on, up for negotiation.
Then there is worming and some things you just have to suck up, so sorry buttercup suck it up. :wink:
After she was so sick-there is no room for error.

Mine is a madam or a tinker, the vets words when she was sick.

I solved the stress by simply buying the worming buddy. Its so simple and it reduces her stress.
Teeth are a nightmare!

I am sure Cherie and Tilly are related:giggle:

Going back to worming, I had a wee bit of trouble with Summer, she had a natural tendency to rear, she never did rear, but I felt if I pushed it she would and I did not want her to learn that, so I rang the worming company and they sent me the wormers in cubes instead. I crumbled them up in her feed.

newrider.com