Oh rugging again

I had to hold 4 horses for the osteo this evening too. I'm home and frozen now. It is WAY too cold to stand around for 2 hours! At least the osteo is a bit of eye candy :p

Reactions: joellie and Jessey
I have to confess when I had my first elderly horse, I didn't check the temperature or the forecast. She had a 100g daytime and 200g at night. Stabled from October to March.
She was fine, do we over complicate, has the weather changed that drastically it was I just a lazy owner!

I have to confess when I had my first elderly horse, I didn't check the temperature or the forecast. She had a 100g daytime and 200g at night. Stabled from October to March.
She was fine, do we over complicate, has the weather changed that drastically it was I just a lazy owner!
I was always taught to check temps, I know if I compare Hank, Jess and my previous boy Bo, Hank would melt in a 100g unless clipped (you didn't say if yours was), Jess would be hot in it unless it was near freeezing, Bo would have been ok but would have got fat in the autumn on the 100/200 day/night rugging but been ok with it for the most part :)

Today is the type of day I worry about Hank, they aren't using the shelter much, because of Jess and the boyfriend they stand in the most exposed part of the field more than I like. Its 3c, raining cats and dogs and the wind chill etc. has it at a 'real feel' of -5 out there, he wasn't shivering this morning but on the verge of it I think, he had his bum tucked right up/tail clamped down and looks like a drowned rat :(

They didn't make those sheets back then so 100g was as low as I could go for the day.
I think it's looking like dry and sunny for us today. But it was very cold with the wind chill yesterday.

They didn't make those sheets back then so 100g was as low as I could go for the day.
I think it's looking like dry and sunny for us today. But it was very cold with the wind chill yesterday.
I'm trying to think what we did with the old NZ's, I think it was the blanket origami if they were cold :p

Reactions: carthorse
newrider.com