New years day preperations

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Figured I'd make a little diary :D
This is what we are aiming to resemble :p
_20161106_141251.JPG
_20161106_141315.JPG

Clearly I'm just going for us to be recognisable as there's much we cant get perfect, 1 I'm female and not slim and well endowed :p 2 hank is just 1 not 4 and he's also brown, maybe silverish clipped, and only 32", 3 I'm making do with my existing cart and harness which are both (very well worn) black :p

My nan is working on my gladiator style Ben hur helmet which will fit over my riding hat, doesn't hurt to be cautious plus it will keep my head warm :D no pictures of that yet but I should see her next week for our 2nd fitting.

I needed some arm guards for my costume, so I called round friends until I found someone who still had some old fashioned leather brushing boots with buckles
DSC_1815.JPG
I think they are perfect for the job :D

I've also got part of my belt figured, I just need to paint it darker and add shoulder straps :p I'm going to order a cheap dress in the right colour for underneath and modify it and I found the fleece for my cloak and nan is going to pick it up this week for me :D

I did a first mock up on the cart this morning, but it was hammering down so this is as far as I got
FB_IMG_1478440183794.jpg
FB_IMG_1478440180116.jpg

Its all exciting :D

I so wish I wasn't working new years day I wanted to come and cheer you on! Already looking great can't wait to see it all finished with Hank in place.

I so wish I wasn't working new years day I wanted to come and cheer you on! Already looking great can't wait to see it all finished with Hank in place.
Hopefully my family are coming so I should get lots of pics to share :)

Reactions: MrA
newrider.com