Nervous.....!

Laura44

Mar 6, 2017
So, I had my first fall earlier this week - a very graceful exit from my saddle, bouncing my head and shoulder off the ground and then laying flailing like a dying fish on the floor! My ex-racehorse school horse suddenly remembered his racing days and took off with me on board....Thankfully no serious injuries, but I'm still super-stiff. Anyway, next lesson on the same horse this afternoon, but I'm getting really nervous! I got straight back on after the fall, finished the lesson and was fine, and I LOVE the horse; he's an angel and I'm pretty sure it was me confusing him that caused him to act as he did (I'm a complete beginner). On one hand I'm on a mission to get back on track, but can't seem to shake this little nervy feeling creeping in. Am I being a fairy?!

Lol no you aren't being a fairy at all!
Lots of good luck / confidence vibes. Get back on and enjoy and keep telling yourself you can do it!!! Might be worth mentioning to the RI that you're just feeling a little nervous and still stiff, then they can keep an eye out and not push too much.

Reactions: Native Lover
I fell off broke 3 ribs and got back on took awhile but my confidence is higher than before I fell off.... Definately mention it to your riding instructor who should be sympathetic to your situation..... healing vibes and confident vibes from us heading your way xx
Thank you! Yep, I'm thinking a nice little plod lesson today to settle me (and my usually bomb proof steed!).... definitely no canter today for me!!

Reactions: Native Lover
I survived! We had a lovely lesson (although I chickened out of canter!) and I feel totally comfortable with him again. Phew! Onwards.... (except next lesson I have a totally new horse cos my boy is already being used.... this could be interesting!) Thanks for all the +ve vibes... just what I needed!

newrider.com