My energiser has broken :(

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Only had it since December. Anything I could be doing wrong before I complain to the company?

Tried a fully charged battery on it this morn and nothing.

One of the connections hasn't come off has it? I'd check those first and make sure they are all snug, if it still isn't working and you've used a fully charged battery I'd be taking it back to where you bought it.

Reactions: MrA and Trewsers
Thank-you. Well it isn't the energizer I don't think! I think the problem lays in the battery charger which I've also only had since December!! It doesn't seem to be charging as its just staying on the green light when I know the battery needs charging. Hopefully they will reply to my email soon and in the meantime ale won't realise the fence isn't on!

I've ordered a £25 battery charger from Argos to go and collect tonight, give me a chance to explore my local area a little more anyway! Then hopefully I can send the other one back for replacement under warranty. So far he hasn't tested the fence but I don't want to chance it too long!

I'm sure it's not the energiser as neither of them are working, bit unlikely they would both fail the same week!

The green light on a battery has nothing to do with charge does it? I seem to think it just shows if the battery is good or bad quality...?

At the risk of thread hi jacking :p can anyone please enlighten me as to what is meant with things like "battery charger". My electric fencing runs off a battery but when it goes flat we buy a new one. I presume there must be different systems out there? I really am curious as last time I asked this nobody seemed to know the answer. Could anyone show me a link or explain in idtiots terms??? Thanks:oops::)

Reactions: MrA
@Trewsers a charger you plug into the mains to recharge your existing battery, I'd be surprised if you have batteries that can't be recharged, all car and leisure ones can and do need it, your car has a built in charger (an alternator) which recharges it a little whenever the engine is running :) using a mains charger does mean disconnecting the battery from the fence and taking it to the charger/mains to plug it in but if you have 2 batteries its easy to just have them on rotation :)

I just had plain 9 volt battery and it wasn't rechargeable.
I didn't have the car battery though.

@Trewsers a charger you plug into the mains to recharge your existing battery, I'd be surprised if you have batteries that can't be recharged, all car and leisure ones can and do need it, your car has a built in charger (an alternator) which recharges it a little whenever the engine is running :) using a mains charger does mean disconnecting the battery from the fence and taking it to the charger/mains to plug it in but if you have 2 batteries its easy to just have them on rotation :)

Ah thanks for that, I think mine is a 9volt. I haven't seen any way of plugging it into anything? I must check tho, there might be.

Right I need some help!

I walked for an hour and a half tonight to buy a new charger. Connected it up and the battery is saying full charge. There is no way both batteries can be full charged so now I'm thinking the batteries may be faulty, but that means both on them??

Any way I can test them?

Guys get yourselves a solar panel, seriously, worth every penny, I've not had to charge my battery for over a year now. :)

Reactions: MrA
newrider.com