Moving to Manchester...riding schools?

JennieRose

Hi--
I'm moving (from California!) to Manchester this summer/autumn. (My husband is British and works at the University there). I am an avid horseback rider and was wondering about riding schools in the area.

I don't have a horse of my own to bring with me, so I would need to be somewhere with horses available to ride. I'm a decent rider--can ride most anything on the flat from young horses to horses that need some re-training to schoolmasters and am a willing jumper. I have mostly evented here and would like to continue that as I am addicted to cross-country and also enjoy dressage.

I suppose I am looking for a school that has room for an intermediate adult rider!

We won't have a car right away, but I should have one soonish. We are currently living off of Upper Park Road and will probably live either there or somewhere else nearby the University.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

loziasa-
I would love to find some people to ride with! My main social group over here is my riding buddies, and I am quite nervous about leaving them behind... who will I talk to?
:)
Is the Centre a good place for lessons? I will check them out! Also, please feel free to PM me if you have something you would rather communicate that way...

Contrary to popular belief, Mancunians are lovely folk, who are the most talkative people this side of the Atlantic! haha

You will find you make friends at the riding school, probably with the people you have lessons/hack out with. When I went to a 50th birthday at my old RS there was at least 50 people there, and they all came because of their connection with the yard, so I wouldn't worry too much about making friends!

The university of Manchester ride at Manchester Equestrian Centre in Urmston, i know that a few of them quite happily go there by public transport so being without a car for a while wouldnt matter too much. There is a few around just word of mouth and google!

Good luck with the move. I'm in Merseyside, so don't really know Manchester that well. Where in California are you moving from? We went there for a month a good few years ago and loved it:)

ooo
JennieRose, could you do me a favour and PM some info about sandiego, im going by myself in the sumer (im only 16!!)

But Manchester equestrian centre is good.
Thats the 'manchester' one.
But what part are you moving to, coase there are good ones in lancashire/chesire

newrider.com