Monday's exciting things!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Okay well not that thrilling - but! Yesterday we discovered we have an abandoned veg garden complete with raised beds - just needs uncovering via hardwork and a strimmer! So today I am weighing up all manner of thrilling seeds and planning what veggies we will grow.
I also have a pair of boots on the way. Yep, the boot addiction is starting up again......:p
The girls are out and about in their paddock after having a mad do - lol why is it once they roll they get up ina frenzy after shaking like a dog and do 0-60 back up the yard?! Bonkers!
Plus we went out for hotdogs for breakfast:D
So. What is everyone feeling today? It's gorgeous here and would be lovely for a ride. I wish..........:rolleyes:

Well I'm hoping mine will be a success this time. Back at our old house the rabbits and the tame pheasants trashed them:eek:hopefully this set up won't allow the odd bird in, (hardly any pheasants at all here) and I'll have to put netting over to stop Bugs Bunny and Co!!!

Reactions: MrA
I grew some carrots for ale a couple of years ago in a tub. They were great but they took forever to grow and he ate them all in a couple of days! When I have my own house I want a veggie patch though mainly to grow runner beans and sweetcorn!!

My excitement for the day was going swimming tonight, I've joined a new gym and went for a gentle swim tonight and the pool was lovely, nice to just bob about like an otter!

Reactions: Trewsers
I grew some carrots for ale a couple of years ago in a tub. They were great but they took forever to grow and he ate them all in a couple of days!
I had exactly the same problem. I had visions of growing enough carrots to treat the 4 ponies ( they don't have many) but as you said.......all that time to grow and gone in seconds.....much easier to pick some up at the supermarket!

I never seem to have success with carrots. At our first house they got carrot fly pest and then at old place before this they just seemed to grow rubbish small ones and full of holes (wire worms?!). Think we will stick to neeps and potatoes and beetroots to start with.

Reactions: squidsin
I think carrots need sandy soil and my raised beds are full of horse manure so probably far too rich! I'm having another go at growing them but have never had any success with them either.

I like growing courgettes, broad beans, onions, jerusalem artichokes and tomatoes as those always work in my garden!

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com