Mini course jumped for first time

An_Riz

May 20, 2017
Today in my lesson I jumped a mini course of 6 jumps, not sure of the height but I think 50cm or so. I had never jumped more than 2 fences in a row so it was very interesting to have to keep my focus the entire time, looking for my next jump. Had some trouble with the turns and coming in straight: I wasn't using my corners enough and wasnt being strong enough in keeping him out on the edges of the arena, as I was afraid he would take strong reins as a signal to slow down. My leg isn't always strong enough back him up and keep him going in canter so that is something I will work on. Maybe holding a whip next time will help. All in all I loved the experience and can't wait to learn more and really improve - jumping is so fun!!!

Well done! I've only recently got over a big 35yr fear of jumping so I'm learning and enjoying too. It's fun, but complicated, isn't it?

Reactions: An_Riz
Well done! I've only recently got over a big 35yr fear of jumping so I'm learning and enjoying too. It's fun, but complicated, isn't it?
It is complicated! When you watch people do it, it looks oh so easy but it is both physically and mentally draining. There's a lot to think about. It's really motivating me to get fitter though so that's a plus

Reactions: Trewsers
Have fun.
My lass still likes to trot in between if doing a course, but that's fine as picks up canter to actually pop the pole.
I still can't keep up with cms, sounded better in feet :p

Reactions: An_Riz
newrider.com