Micklem bridle

Laura82

Nov 28, 2017
hey its been a while since I've posted but finally getting everything back on track with my boy. He now has a new saddle YAY! so now I'm looking for a new bridle. He's currently in a grackle and it's due replacing and also is the wrong size for him.

I've been looking at various bridles and was thinking about a micklem. What does everyone think of them?

Marmite.

Bought one the other week for my boy. It’s like he sighs with relief when I put him in it. Relaxed, happy, contact, forward.

Mate wondered about one for her mare. She tried mine on to see - mare’s expression was GET IT OFF MY FACE.

Will be interested to hear how you get on. I snapped one up second hand this week for my highland as our saddler rates them highly.

I desperately wanted to try one for Dolly - have a friend here who had several of them (she sells them) but we couldnt find any combination to fit Dolly with her ridiculously long head and strange cheek bones - she even spoke to Bill Micklem and there was no solution. she is as always, one in a million! :rolleyes: He did offer to custom make one - but the price gave me a fit of the vapours so I declined the offer despite a supposed generous discount - discount my a**e! :eek::D
And sorry just edited to add - I was far from impressed with the quality of them anyway for the high price tag...very stiff leather.....not very comfortably padded or well designed on poll and browband as one is more used to seeing on modern bridles....but that is just my opinion :)

Reactions: OwnedbyChanter
Well we've been riding with it everyday and he's been a star. Also noticed we have no more face rubbing afterwards. Had a couple of days of him being an a**e and hyper but put that down to the new grass and not the bridle. The girl who rides him for me when I'm not about has jumped him in it and had no problems. Th small horse size fitted him no bother and it all sits really nicely. Overall really happy with it!

Reactions: Cortrasna
Ginger hated it so did I I don’t like the way the leather goes round the bit I know it’s not a flash but to me it still looks like it stops the mouth opening naturally

newrider.com