Long shot - Livery in claygate, near Esher

There are quite a few yards in that area but I can't remember which ones do the grass/DIY livery. If you are under 21 (and preferably a member of the Pony Club) there is a DIY yard on the Barwell estate specifically aimed at those under 21. There are other yards on the estate as well for all ages but I don't know what livery services they offer. The estate is right next to Chessington World Of Adventures.

There is also Manor Farm on Woodstock Lane which is quite popular and used to run small shows quite regularly, I don't know if they still do. There is another one right next to it on the same road that I can't remember the name of, but if you drive along you'll see it.
Chessington Equestrian Centre has a livery yard but again, not sure if they do DIY but they are well equipped as a yard.

The one I'd recommend the most though is Arbrook Farm, off Copsem Lane. It's a small working farm which is very friendly, well run yard with good turnout and fantastic hacking onto Oxshott Heath and Esher Common.

shaka has covered most yards - the only other option is Slough Farm, which does DIY - not the cheapest though, but I have heard from people who are happy there.

Thanks for all the suggestions... will try and contact a few of them

Bumping for any other ideas!! Thanks

You are spoilt for choice around that area - I keep my boy in claygate, but we don't have any spaces at the moment. I think Barwell and Manor Farm do grass livery (and possibly Slough Farm) - it will depend on your budget, but basic DIY with no frills will probably cost around £155 a month for stable and turnout.:)

p.s. agree with Shaka re Arbrook Farm - the hacking is excellent!

awww, I kept my pony Champagne at Barwell - I was a member of Barwell Hunt pony club - over 20 years ago!!!!!!!

lovely memories!

There are a number of places around there - if you go down Woodstock Lane (I think its called - I live in South Wales these days so I am dredging up my memory!!!), there are two livery yards down that lane - I'll explain in more detail in a mo

One def used to do grass livery as I was there before I moved to Barwell

There was also a place that did grass or DIY down the lane in the other direction too

RIGHT - from the Ace of Spades roundabout go towards Chessington. Go down the hill till you get to the traffic lights by the shops - the first major set (Woolies is on your right unless its shut down!), go thru - you can only turn left at these

At the next set (going past the mini Tesco on your left), turn right (no option to turn left)

Go down that road, to the end, goes over the A3, bend round to the left and there are two farms that do livery (or did up to 2 years ago!), one of the left and before you get into Claygate village on the right

The other yards I know about for sure -

from the Ace of Spades roundabout go towards Chessington. Go down the hill till you get to the traffic lights by the shops - the first major set (Woolies is on your right unless its shut down!), go thru - you can only turn left at these

At the next set (going past the mini Tesco on your left), turn right (no option to turn left)

Just BEFORE the road goes over the A3, there is a slip road to the right - turn right here and the road runs parallel to the A3, the first place, immed as you turn was a private yard (but this was 20 years ago!!!)

follow the lane and there is a yard on the right and then another at the end of the lane

The last one I know of is over the A3 and turn right towards Chessington Golf Club - its up that lane on the left - but not 100% sure exactly where you turn towards it as its some years since I rode that way

Best of luck

I used to LOVE riding around there - I spent many many happy times on Oxshott Woods - easily hackable from Claygate way

Snowyboy - that IS woodstock lane - Woollies is still there! Neither of those yards do grass livery down there though- they don't have enough grazing! But you can keep your horse ou 24/7 in summer.

Bet things haven't changed much since you moved!:D

prob not!

I really ought to go and have a look - a real trip down memory lane

it was 20 years ago I last had a pony on livery down that way :eek:

I moved just over 2 years ago - so was in Epsom till 2006

newrider.com