Liveryman Mustang Clippers

Millymum

Aug 5, 2005
scotland
does anyone have these? and can you recommend them

seen a pair in the sale so wanted to buy in preperation for next winter. Seeing how i wont actually have any money by that time :D

I can't recommend (not used them) but my friend has and she thinks there amazing, definately would recommend them.

Are they noisy do you know?
They have a big motor so not sure if they are really noisy or not.
Im in two minds about these and the stallion ones :confused:

Recently bough clippers for my daughter who has used a lot of different types- she liked the Liveryman ones, but opted for Heinger in the end!
Really quiet with two speeds.

i have the mustang & yes they are meaty but they are fairly noisy

a friend has the stallion , not as meaty but definately quieter & i also think smoother than the mustang , although having said that hers have gone a bit iffy on only the second winter of use & she only really uses them on one horse

Have the Mustang as well. Have clipped 3 times with them this winter (2 horses). Done the job really well.

As others have said very meaty, but their description does imply the are ideal for all day clipping and one of the most powerful on the market.
They are noisy but my boy was fine with this so that would really depend on how your horse is to clip.

How long clippers last does depend quite a bit on how they are treated/lubricated etc.

if it is quiet clippers your after then I would go for the stallion as they are one of the quietest on the market. Mustangs are a good heavyduty clipper that would last (as long as cared for) but are noisy and quite heavy

Yup I have mustangs and to be honest I'm not impressed really!
I have had the Arenas for years and they were brilliant but when they gave up I decided to replace them with the larger motored Mustangs and they have been a problem from the start, really loud, heavy and quick to overheat ( I clip up to 60 horses in a winter so they need to be reliable), I have since bought a set of Wolsley Swans and so far I am happy with them!

newrider.com