Livery Prices

DaisyAM

May 26, 2016
I know there are some older threads on livery prices, but would appreciate some opinions on what you would currently expect to pay for full livery. At the moment I pay £100 per week for:

Two large nets of hay per day
One hard feed at night if required
24 hour turn out May-October, 8-5pm November to March
Turnout/bring in when I'm not there
Rug change (sometimes)
Feet picked (sometimes)
Access to hacking
Outdoor ménage

I've been told by YO this is mates rates?!

Depends on your location really, The last livery I was at was pretty run down but served a purpose, they charged £50 p/w for full livery, that included;

Stable
paddock with 1 other (no grazing but adlib hay out there),
bedding
basic feed
hay at night
muck out daily
rug changes
bring in/out
holding for farrier/vet etc
Small indoor
2 outdoors (neither great)

But that is stupidly cheap (and the reason we put up with lower standards and it being run down). I used to work on a competition livery nearer london, the standards were much higher and we used to exercise the horses 3x a week too and that was almost £600 a month

Wow that is cheap! Missed out mucking out and straw bedding on my list. Extra for standing for vet/farrier but that seems the norm around here (Cheshire).

Reactions: Jessey
I was on part livery for £115 a week (back on DIY now) which included bring in/turn out (all horses had to come in at night), rug change, feeding, mucking out and hay. Hard feed and bedding were not included. Use of school was included. Extras included holding for the vet/farrier, worming, and you had to do your own horse on bank holidays.

I'm based in Buckinghamshire and that's about standard for part livery round here (depending on your definition of part-livery as 'everything done bar exercising the horse').

That's what a really nice yard around here charges for full, funny how it varies in different regions. Food for thought!

I'm north east.
Livery prices for full range from £75 to £100 here.
Normally you get stable, use of schools, hacking is depending on the yard. Turnout , again some are out for 3 months of the year and out 3 times a week the rest. Some are out full time summer, everyday winter. Normally, hay, bedding included aswell as rug changes turn out bring in. Some places feed there own stuff with the price, some don't.
I'm on DIY 30 quid a week for stable, turnout/ adlib hay and straw :D

Reactions: DaisyAM
Welsh/Shrops border here and anything from £95 a week upwards depending on facilities. Full would be everything not including exercise here.

I'm diy and pay £140 a month including 12x12 box in nice barn, unlimited haylage and straw, pairs, 3s, or individual turnout depending on what you want. Can turnout 24/7 for majority of the year. 30x60 arena with jumps, lunging/turnout arena, horsewalker, good hacking with access to off road. Secure alarmed tack room with cctv. I think it's a very good deal.

Reactions: squidsin
In my area (Surrey :rolleyes:) it's anywhere from £700 upwards for full livery. That includes everything bar exercise. Seems crazy, I've seen race horse livery in the same area at £800 a month so to charge that much for a leisure horse seems a bit nuts!

Hi all, i have 5 spare stables so am thinking of setting up my own small livery yard, what do u think I should be charging for diy livery with these facilities:
-American style barn with 4x4m light airy stables
-padlocked tack room
-hay, bedding and feed storage
-7 acres worth of very good grazing available 24/7
-use of 20x40m arena with lots of jumps
-excellent hacking including access to lots of woodland and orchards
-horsebox at the disposal of liveries
-I’m on site 24-7 so am always available for turning out, rug changing etc
Pls lmk as I have no idea! Thank u, also we are based near tunbrige wells in Kent

newrider.com