Livery advice (near Tamworth)

Alcar24

Jul 16, 2016
Hello,

Wondering if anyone can help me, I am moving to the Tamworth area (Appleby Magna) in the next month or so. I am looking out for DIY livery which won't be too far from home. I don't know where to start as the Internet hasn't brought me much luck!

My horse is in lightish work due to an injury, so we don't need world beating facilities. Ideally it would be fab if there was good grazing available (poss 24/7 during summer months) good hacking or some friends to hack with!

I would be really greatful of some recommendations, was maybe thinking I could suit a private set up.. With too much grass? as horse and owner are very well behaved!

Last edited:
Depends how far you want to travel but there are quite a lot of livery yards in the area, Appleby Magna is reasonably close to Swadlincote, as close as it is to Tamworth I think, there are a few I know of up that way, Broomy Farm is one that springs to mind, Newton Close livery up near no mans heath seems to get good reviews although every time I've driven past to work there are no horses out (10.00 am ish) so probably not great for your needs, @eml here might be able to help as probably knows most of them in your area.
Try having a look here too :)
http://www.liveryfinder.co.uk/find-a-listing.htm?a=Appleby magna

Also just to add the yards in and around Tamworth tend not to have the best hacking (mostly road work) so stay in the Appleby/Swadlincote/Atherstone area if that's your preference.

Also just to add the yards in and around Tamworth tend not to have the best hacking (mostly road work) so stay in the Appleby/Swadlincote/Atherstone area if that's your preference.
Thank you, there is few on the livery finder site. I will give them a ring :)

Appleby Magna is a very horsey area including having a racing yard. Ask around in the village for a start.

If not I would tend look at the south side of Ashby particularly Packington and Normanton le Heath where there are several yards or over towards Orton and Wharton where again there are several. I don't know of any offering grass livery only but a lot will offer 24/7 grazing in summer. Lots of villages on tte other side of the M42 also have good yards ( try around Netherseal or Grangewood)

You are a longish way from Tamworth unless you are working that way!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
newrider.com