Let's drive each other round the bend :)

Raising makes them easier in my mind. I need to find a way of deciding the width- whilst being generous for now.
I wouldn't see the point in backing either. I probably could try it once just to see if she could though.

Reactions: Native Lover
It had never occurred to me to try backwards....G can't back straight (another obstacle was backing straight through a pair of parallel lines made our if pool noodles - we failed!) so she might be better at the S bend! :p

We have to zig zag through woods out hunting, sometimes really tight and you have to be careful of branches, and she always seems to see the best way through and suddenly becomes very supple. Yet in the school, nope neck of iron :p I wouldn't try doing that exercise backwards with Lottie in the school, she's not schooled so I think it would confuse her.

Reactions: Jessey
I need to buy more poles to try this, I only have 4 poles lol plus I have to wait til riding condtions improve but I will deffo be doing this :D

I just assumed they were being backed though as that's what we do in western trail classes, don't think I've ever tried forwards :rolleyes:
Ha ha. Give it a go.
For trec it's forwards but I did do backwards previously with other lad.

Reactions: Jessey
I need to buy more poles to try this, I only have 4 poles lol plus I have to wait til riding condtions improve but I will deffo be doing this :D
I haven't set it up quite right above. But I have seen people do it with cones or a line of sand. So maybe hunt around for something to use.
Line of snow. :p

Reactions: joellie
Every time we do this, my cob purposely (im sure of it) destroys it!!! Because he looks so pleased afterwards and acts really proud and waits for a 'good boy' no PJ u arent supposed to destroy it! Oaf! When i was at the riding school we did a similar (or might have been the same) the riding school horse had done it so many times she just went ahead and did it and I basically just sat there

I start everything I teach her on the ground first. She is used to doing trotting poles and jumping from walk so I wanted her to be step and stop almost, this is something new.

Reactions: Prjsmk
newrider.com