Jodphurs

Innocence

Jun 1, 2009
Tell me about Jodphurs, which are the best fit.

I want some jods which are comfortable, elastic and have a nice fitting waist. I have am a size 10 but i have a 31" waist, i also have big thighs/calves.

So what are peeps experiences and best buys?

Gonna keep an eye on this thread....i just bought a couple of new pairs one good fit (just togs ones) and the other not that great (harry hall). However both need rolled up due to my short legs :giggle:

I have a collection of very badly fitting ones ranging from Harry Hall to Shires.
My best pair don't even have a make on them and are really cheapie nylony ones but I have had them years. same with a black pair I have, name has rubbed off label and I bought then in my early teens! 20 odd years wear is pretty good going. Still as black as when I bought them.

Gonna keep an eye on this thread....i just bought a couple of new pairs one good fit (just togs ones) and the other not that great (harry hall). However both need rolled up due to my short legs :giggle:

I have little legs too which is a pain! but i wear short boots so not too much of an issue.

I'm the same as you Innocence, size 10 with 31" waist but solid thighs for my size. I like my Harry Hall Chester jods and also the fit of Shires Saddlehuggers - but find I take a 26 waist in HH and a 30 waist in Shires.....d'oh!

I'm the same as you Innocence, size 10 with 31" waist but solid thighs for my size. I like my Harry Hall Chester jods and also the fit of Shires Saddlehuggers - but find I take a 26 waist in HH and a 30 waist in Shires.....d'oh!

oh maybe thats whats wrong with my HH ones...i think i ordered the 30 waist...are they made on the big side??? :unsure:

oh maybe thats whats wrong with my HH ones...i think i ordered the 30 waist...are they made on the big side??? :unsure:

I don't think so particularly but I'm not sure - I have to try on to find what fits, I can't just order off the web sadly. It's amazing how something just like leggings can come in so many varieties!

I would say the dublin ones would be a good fit on you. I have supafit ones and also dublin breeches. They are both a bit big in the waist on me compared to the legs but then I'm the opposite to some of you as i'm a size 12 with short legs but only a 28" waist.

(my dublins are a size 26"-28")

I also like requisite jodhs, cheap but good the plain black ones are really comfy.

Saddlecraft also make some but they do come up short (which suits me as i am short lol)

Derby House have got to make the oddest shaped proportion jodhs known to man (or woman!) lol.

Last edited:
I have 3 pairs of jods that I love... they fit me well and have been very hard-wearing...

One pair cost me a tenner from Your Horse Live about 4 years ago.... make unknown.

Another pair cost me a tenner (new) off ebay... make unknown.

3rd pair came from Aldi last year for £9.99 and they are my most favourite.

My name is Jane and I'm a cheapskate!!! :mstickle:

What a timely thread! I have been looking for some higher waisted jods/breeches (don't mind which) as the ones I last wore felt distinctly low slung. With work and family etc i don't have the luxury of shopping at leisure so I've ordered some in the hope that they will be ok and solely going on the pictures I've ordered Caldene ones. Glad to see plenty of people like them!

I have a pair of shires saddlehhuggers. i think they were around £32 from my local tack shop.

Im a size 8 & very short leg.
They fit great around the waist and bum. also the legs fit snug but not to tight if tht makes sense, i hate a baggy knee area.

they are long though and i do have to turn the bottoms up, but tht really doesnt bother me as i wear long boots.

I am looking to buy some more though so i will be watching this thread.

I did notice Vicki had some very nice denim look ones on one of her pics :wink:

I'm another one who would say try the Dublin ones, Im a size 10 but with a 29 inch waist, Dublin are the only Jodhs I have that are comfortable around my middle, I love my Caldene breeches but they I think are made more for a normal english pear shape not an apple and are no where near as comfy round my tum.

I have a pair of shires saddlehhuggers. i think they were around £32 from my local tack shop.

Im a size 8 & very short leg.
They fit great around the waist and bum. also the legs fit snug but not to tight if tht makes sense, i hate a baggy knee area.

they are long though and i do have to turn the bottoms up, but tht really doesnt bother me as i wear long boots.

I am looking to buy some more though so i will be watching this thread.

I did notice Vicki had some very nice denim look ones on one of her pics :wink:

Hehe i have 'Just Toggs Mizz' jodphurs, they are for kids but are really stretchy and are my most FAVE jods! :biggrin:

DSC_0233-1.jpg

Also like decathlon kids range of jods and so cheap!

Another vote for Dublin Supafit. I am a size 12 and they are true to size, if not fairly generous.

I also have a selection of Requisite from Robinsons and they are very flattering... I think. :giggle:

newrider.com