Dismiss Notice

Hi, we hope you enjoy looking around New Rider. We are a very friendly board so don't feel afraid to ask your questions. Register now, say 'Hello' and join in the conversations.

Jess' ongoing issues

Discussion in 'Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies' started by Jessey, May 18, 2017.

1. newforest

newforest Opinion, a view not always based on knowledge.

Stranger things have happened so they say. I also know one horse who had issues is now fine from a move that resulted in a new farrier.
    Just a fresh pair of eyes looking at the same thing. Mare went into heart bar shoes temporary and is now fine.

Lollykay and Jessey like this.
  2. Lissie

Lissie Well-Known Member

@Jessey sorry no advice to give but hoping you find out what's causing the lameness and a solution.

Jessey likes this.
  3. KP nut

KP nut Horsey problems: caused by ego; solved by gravity

Echo Lissie's post. No ideas but really hoping for a breakthrough. This must be so frustrating for you. xx

lauren123, newforest and Jessey like this.
  4. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. lauren123

lauren123 Well-Known Member

Awww Jessey!!! I honestly really feel for you. It is so frustrating and hard to deal with ( As you and I both know) Hope you find some answers.

6. Jessey

Jessey Well-Known Member

Well she's much improved, been out of boots 24 hours and relatively sound on the straight, slightly cautious on the road and on turns still but a huge improvement, not sure what was going on there.

Trewsers likes this.
  7. MrC

MrC https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/

It's frustrating having an intermittent lameness. A friend is going through this just now with her big WB who is only 15. She rehabbed him barefoot and in the beginning it did wonders but now a year on he's sore, intermittently lame and it's driving her crazy. She is considering putting a set of fronts on him, to trial and see if it helps, she initially removed the shoes due to a soft tissue injury on the front left foot.

I can't really suggest anything that I can see you haven't tried. Did you ever have thermal imaging done?? I've heard lots of good things about it.

Jessey likes this.
  8. Jessey

Jessey Well-Known Member

That's next on my hit list, the 'good guy' is back in our area in July :)

She looked really good this morning, so we walked out for 5 minutes (in boots), for the first 20 yards she had that look like she was being stoic but perhaps that was just anticipation it would hurt because it went fast and she looked happy and relaxed, so I hopped on for the last 7 or so minutes home and she felt fine and remained happy. Gave her a bath when I got back so cold water running down her legs which won't hurt and checked pulses and nothing raised. No clue but pleased.

The FREE site for selling smallholdings, farms and rural properties