It has a chassis but it's not a car...

Iron Maiden

Koumpounophobic?
Sep 14, 2006
UK
...and if it's as good as it claims to be, we'll all be robbing banks to get one!

http://www.quantumsaddle.com/

Sounds like the usual story to me though - it'll only be as good as the person that fits it :rolleyes: Sounds interesting all the same, although I don't think I know anyone rich enough to buy one!

I can't be bothered reading :p Can someone outline in a few sentences why this saddle thingy ma jig (technical terms :)) is so awesome (apparently?)?

Don't worry....skimmed it, I think I got the idea. I'm sceptical, but I imagine a fair few people would want to give it a try.

ETA: Ouch! Maybe not, just seen the price :eek:

Last edited:
No this isn't one to just give it a go with unless you are seriously minted!

But 15.1% increase in hindleg protraction? And 5.6% increase in foreleg protraction?? That's just over £100 per percentage gain in protraction of foreleg and hindleg combined :confused: Bargain! :D

No this isn't one to just give it a go with unless you are seriously minted!

But 15.1% increase in hindleg protraction? And 5.6% increase in foreleg protraction?? That's just over £100 per percentage gain in protraction of foreleg and hindleg combined :confused: Bargain! :D

Oh...yes...that sounds...er... wonderful (i think?:confused:!!)...:eek:;):p I'll take four then :)

They did only test 4 horses though - hardly a reliable sample size!
Would like to try one though! (if only money grew on trees)

They did only test 4 horses though - hardly a reliable sample size!
Would like to try one though! (if only money grew on trees)

The four horses thing was only regards the leg movement being increased, and they do say they will be examining it in far more detail, but this was an initial study to discover if there was infact something to investigate I think :)

Anybody find anything on there about HOW they would alter the saddle's chassis in order to fit a horse on changing shape? I know they say have it checked every 6 months, and that it could be altered but it never specifies what they alter and how, 'on site'. It's not just the width etc that may change on a horse, but their entire shape - very few horses even when well muscled and carefully worked are PERFECTLY symmetrical one side to another, so surely neither should the panel replacements, yet there's no mention of these being alterable? Can they be opened and altered easily on a regular basis? :s

IM is very right regards being as good as the fitter too - I have to say, I'm never keen on anything that is sold to you by somebody who deals only in that product - of course they will tell you it's great, and good for your horse when it's feeding their paycheck :rolleyes: I'd be more convinced by a saddler who works with and sells a range of saddle who said that the quantum was best for my particular horse, than somebody who only sells quantums - for them its a sale or no sale. Somebody dealing in a mix has nothing to lose in saying 'not this one, but try that instead'

Not that it's relevant to me as 1) I don't have the money and 2) my boyo has a fracture at present so out of work :( :rolleyes:

It is basically a similar concept to the WOW minus the air flock - If you strip the WOW the panels are a similar design, although the headplate is attached to the flexible seat rather than the panels.

newrider.com